• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts

Midnight

Reaction score
What about the newish TM Lewin Super Fitted? For the 15.5 inch collar the TM Lewin Super Fitted is 1.5 inches slimmer through the chest than the CT ESF and 2 inches slimmer through the waist.

SYQ

Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion; I'll check it out. My biggest complaint with CT was just how huge the armholes were. Looked quite comical on my frame.
What about the newish TM Lewin Super Fitted? For the 15.5 inch collar the TM Lewin Super Fitted is 1.5 inches slimmer through the chest than the CT ESF and 2 inches slimmer through the waist.

Last edited:

SYQ

Reaction score
TM Lewin doesn't seem to want to stock Super Fitted for 15 inch collars. I am considering picking up the Fully Fitted line to give it a try. When I went into Suit Supply today, their slim fit are a fairly decent fit - sleeves particularly were slim enough to be reasonable. Any thoughts on how Suit Supply Slim Fit compares to TM Lewin Fully Fitted? Any other similar options for basics under $50?

majorhancock

Reaction score
To all who have posted to this thread, thank you.

Previously I wavered between "M" and "S" for most OTR shirts. I always used to opt for mediums, for fear of being perceived as the classic 98-pound weakling. (I weighed 120 lbs. back on those post-college days).

As I got older, I began to realize that trying to "man up" to a medium was absolutely the stupidest thing I could do. The shirts hung on me like tents (I especially remember a few I ordered from "manly" brands like Orvis, whose M shirts were at least three sizes to big on me -- they went to Goodwill a few years ago, where perhaps some long-haul truck driver picked them up for a fiver).

Finally, as I got older, I came to my senses and realized that wearing a small actually made me look and feel much better -- and bigger -- than trying to fill out a ridiculously oversized M shirt.

Then I discovered the joys of slim-fit and will never return to "regular" sizing. Ever.

Which brings me back to this thread: My favorite small, slim-fit shirts are from Club Monaco (S, slim-fit) and Hugh & Crye (whose "short/slim" size is perfect for me).

Next, I'll be checking out Brooks Brothers.

Small, slim guys (and gals) unite!!

:slayer:

Last edited:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To all who have posted to this thread, thank you.

Previously I wavered between "M" and "S" for most OTR shirts. I always used to opt for mediums, for fear of being perceived as the classic 98-pound weakling. (I weighed 120 lbs. back on those post-college days).

As I got older, I began to realize that trying to "man up" to a medium was absolutely the stupidest thing I could do. The shirts hung on me like tents (I especially remember a few I ordered from "manly" brands like Orvis, whose M shirts were at least three sizes to big on me -- they went to Goodwill a few years ago, where perhaps some long-haul truck driver picked them up for a fiver).

Finally, as I got older, I came to my senses and realized that wearing a small actually made me look and feel much better -- and bigger -- than trying to fill out a ridiculously oversized M shirt.

Then I discovered the joys of slim-fit and will never return to "regular" sizing. Ever.

Which brings me back to this thread: My favorite small, slim-fit shirts are from Club Monaco (S, slim-fit) and Hugh & Crye (whose "short/slim" size is perfect for me).

Next, I'll be checking out Brooks Brothers.

Small, slim guys (and gals) unite!!

:slayer:
I feel it makes a huge difference trying to buy by neck and sleeve length rather than letter sizes where possible.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the TM Lewin Super Fitted vs the TM Lewin London Super Fitted? Their customer service wasn't sure, and I have measured the chest/yoke on both and haven't been able to find the differenced. CS said there was a difference in fit..

This shirt is so far the best fitting OTR I have found for me. I'm about a 44-45 true chest and 34-35 inch true waist with larger shoulders and big back. The fit on the superfitted in 16.5 is close to perfect for me.

kbaskim

Reaction score
Yeah... great
baldy[1].gif

Trying to make up for a horrible first post:
It looks like it´s the same fit and the London range of shirts have "new and unique details on collar, cuffs and buttons."

Chrstgtr

Reaction score
Recently purchased a Barba from ShopTheFinest http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-76745-barba-napoli-blue-shirt-extra-slim-155-us-39-eu.aspx

Does anyone know of a shirt that is slightly slimmer?

I have a Maria Santangelo that I picked up at a store while in Miami that fits a little slimmer (about 2 inches in the chest and waist and an inch in the shoulders) better but that was 200 as opposed to the 140 for the Barba from STF and I can't find Maria Santangelos anywhere else.

shoosensuits

Reaction score
Just received about a dozen Charles Tyrwhitt Slim fit shirts (17/35). Got in on the $29 sale. Excellent quality for the 2x thay price, easily. The issue is the fit, so YMMV: a tad tight in the chest when I pull my shoulders back and a tiny bit of pulling at the back of the shoulders. I think one wash and I'd be in trouble. I think going up a half inch in neck would fix those two areas, problem is the neck right now is PERFECT and I fear a half inch would be too loose there. Thoughts?

josiahj

Reaction score
For a quick, cheap, and dirty slim fit shirt that it truly an extremely slim fit (albeit not very high quality at all, though still fairly durable) check out Vincenzo Boretti on Amazon (listed un VB Shirt Body Fit). They're cheap, look fantastic, and I believe are 100% cotton, though again, there's not much in the quality and detail department. They're one of those sorta sketchy seeming "Amazon Only" brands, but their fit really is great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics