• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Berluti shoe thread

Xunguila

Reaction score

Bought these ones recently. They're Berluti - Andy - Genova Last.

It's my third Berluti pair so... obviously I like them (still have to find better made shoes).

And I'm surprised this thread has no activity since 2007.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bought these ones recently. They're Berluti - Andy - Genova Last. It's my third Berluti pair so... obviously I like them (still have to find better made shoes). And I'm surprised this thread has no activity since 2007.
Berluti has no great following on SF compared to EG,Lobb or Corthay. The venezia leather has the reputation of being uber fragile and the Blake is seen as lower quality than the Goodyear.. I wear a pair of Alessandro nearly everyday and they still look great... They're a bit overpriced but their classic models look great.

Xunguila

Reaction score
Berluti has no great following on SF compared to EG,Lobb or Corthay.

(...)

Well, I confess that I've been buying Berluti but haven't tried EG, Lobb or Corthay. Never even heard of them before joining this forum. Maybe I've been missing something...

Thanks for the heads up.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I confess that I've been buying Berluti but haven't tried EG, Lobb or Corthay. Never even heard of them before joining this forum. Maybe I've been missing something...

Thanks for the heads up.

Berluti as a bespoke maker is still thriving. But the brand has gone through so many makeovers that obfuscated its origins.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anthony Delos is working for them now...

He is a real talent..
Part 1

0.jpg

Part 2

0.jpg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many different lasts do they have? Is the general consensus that half down US sizing is the best bet?

Philjones

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has come across Beruccio.com before? I purchased a bag and even better quality than Berluti, similar price range. Superior quality as we'll.

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
I am surprised as well that this thread has seen no action since 2007. I was just as surprised about how aggressively negative many posters were originally. Having said that, when I have put up pictures of some of my Berluti shoes they were not well received and I recall someone commented that the brand is not well liked here (something like people here like less flair in their shoes).

I love Berluti shoes and have about half a dozen pairs. They are my favourite shoes - though I am awaiting my first four pairs from Aubercy that could throw up a challenge.

I was in Paris in November and was excited to be around when they opened their new flagship store in r.d. Sevres.

I have a lot of time for the manager Thierry du Sorbier and I have brought a lot lot leather goods from them and an amazing long brown alpaca coat (that you can only really wear in Paris).

Sadly as I don't live in Europe I don't have any bespoke Berluti. However, I have seen quite a few of them and they look amazing.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Berluti shoes have the reputation of being fragile due its Venezia leather and also Blake construction...

I wear mine nearly everyday and they're on par with other brands...

I didn't like the snobbism of certain salesmen...

The customer service of John Lobb is far superior..

G

Griffindork

Not sure where you experienced that customer service lasbar but my experience at the old New York store was the same. I brought in a pair of shoes that was clearly defective and they not only were pretentious and rude but also acted like the shoes were from another maker. The shoes had torn in the back near the seam and it was clear from the soles that they had been worn sparingly. Just thin leather that was somehow over stressed. I couldn't even get them to attempt a repair when they should have replaced the pair. It was shocking at that price point and I swore I would never buy another pair.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their London salesmen are just awful...

I hated it so much I nearly didn't buy the Alessandro I wanted so much...

The girls from JM WESTON were really nice and sweet and the John Lobb were just very welcoming...

I will never ever buy from Berluti again.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The salesmen at the rue Marbeuf store gave me the run around for 2 days when I asked about working with Delos. They gave me the "why do you want Delos, you are buying Berluti" line. The whole experience pissed me off. I don't desire anything that much to put up with that kind of service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads