• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Berluti shoe thread

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The London shop was awful...

One young lad with longish hair , an old Boy and an incredibly snobbish young French blonde called Sidonie..

They told me not to say Chaussures but Souliers...

What a lot of BS...

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The September (?) 2013 cover of The Rake magazine features Alessandro Sartori on the cover. He is the artistic director of Berluti.

The Rue de Sevres store in Paris has some gorgeous umbrellas for sale (hello to the rain in Paris). They are something over 500 euros.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Menswear line pretty much destroyed the image of berluti . Do you know where they make them or who produces these for them ?

Also a boot I found on mr.porter http://www.mrporter.com/en-gr/mens/berluti/brunico-venezia-leather-boots/441698
Which I found very nice but very very expensive. It looks like they are really comfortable

They're comfortable..

I only have one pair of Alessandro and I love walking in them.

They are black welted.

They're quite solid too.

The Venezia leather is holding well...

sd2002

Reaction score
Alessandro is nice, it is on my list but tight now there are other that I like as much and less expensive.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
this thread needs some pics...

Giannis

Reaction score
After the RTW line they added sneakers.

0.jpg

what do you think?
I would be interested in knowing the price of these.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^^around $1600. Ill stick with my Nikes for sneakers.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their London salesmen are just awful...

I hated it so much I nearly didn't buy the Alessandro I wanted so much...

The girls from JM WESTON were really nice and sweet and the John Lobb were just very welcoming...

I will never ever buy from Berluti again.

Enough said!

^unfortunately they own the DELOS lasts....

Are you sure about that? Delos stated in an interview that when Berluti purchased his brand, he was allowed to keep his workshop and continue to make shoes. Which leads me to the question: How in the hell can Anthony Delos be contacted? I would love to have him make a pair of shoes but I am not down with the Berluti schtick.

The salesmen at the rue Marbeuf store gave me the run around for 2 days when I asked about working with Delos. They gave me the "why do you want Delos, you are buying Berluti" line. The whole experience pissed me off. I don't desire anything that much to put up with that kind of service.

I would have told them: Because I want shoes made in France, not China.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yes, i am sure (it was the 1st question i asked when the sale was announced).

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How in the hell can Anthony Delos be contacted? I would love to have him make a pair of shoes but I am not down with the Berluti schtick.

You could have met him last weekend in Harrods. The store was having a "made to order" promotion with maybe a dozen firms (mainly clothing) were taking part. Most of the participating firms had sent personnel from their headquarters to discuss the finer points of fittings when taking the orders.

On the Berluti concession in the store, Anthony Delos was sitting on a stool, beavering away on a pair of shoes in Norwegian construction. So I went up to him and gave him greetings from our mutual friend 'RJman'. Although RJman hadn't specifically asked me to (I didn't know Delos would be there) I took the liberty and it was subsequently approved by RJman. So Delos and I had a little chat about RJman (they are both very fond of each other) and shoes in general. Delos must be one of the nicest men there ever was. But of course, I didn't discuss the ins and outs of his relationship with Berluti.

Had I commissioned a pair of bespoke shoes there and then, Delos would have taken the order, measurements etc and I presume he would have pulled the order through to completion, although I do not know how much of the actual work he would have done and what steps he would have delegated to others (there are 18 people working for the bespoke section of Berluti).

Delos stated in an interview that when Berluti purchased his brand, he was allowed to keep his workshop and continue to make shoes.

I believe that refers to the workshop as a location and a place of work, not as a commercial unit. What I understand from what I've heard (I didn't discuss it with him) he works mainly from "home", his old workshop somewhere a distance from Paris together with the people he is used to work with and is not required to come into Paris every day, working in Rue Marbeuf (or wherever the Berluti workshop is situated).

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Jean-Michel is the one who visits NYC. $7k for shoes are JLP pricing. :eek:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics