• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed out on the Sportex Model 6, but the single breasted Model 3 is still just sitting there taunting us all. Someone send me $1200. https://thearmoury.com/collections/...ortex-amj03-sport-coat?variant=12570017726535
Fabric is seriously amazing

What @mbb355 said, if you can swing it, it is an amazing sport coat, and not one that we will likely see again, at least in this fabric.

Anyone handled it in person? I mean on screen it looks like a nice winter navy jacket with a bit subtle shine to it (no idea why, but when I think of Dormeuil I think of something slightly shiny, not in a bad way, just feel like that's what they do, sort of a city luxury thing?)

I have the Model 3 version, and yes it has a subtle sheen to it, but certainly not in a bad way. There is a decent amount of texture and visual interest as well. Weight wise, it falls on the mid to heavy weight side of my wardrobe, lighter than my tweed sport coats, but certainly heavy enough to make it a strictly fall/winter sport coat.

dbbradle

Reaction score
ok that picture definitely shows the texture better

Here's another. The fabric is so good.

IMG_3026.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my past impression with Dormueil is it's a bit delicate, how about this one?

It feels pretty robust to me. It is not a thorn proof tweed, but definitely not delicate.

As its name implies, it was originally developed for sports, so it can’t be delicate:

From https://www.tailoronten.com/blogs/news/52263493-dormeuil-the-fabric-of-connoisseurs

"Dormeuil is one of the few brands whose history, from its origins to present day, can be tracked down through famous, innovative creations, starting from 1922, when the mill launched Sportex, the first cloth to have a woven selvedge The cloth, designed to keep warmth without restricting movement, became a must for European outdoors sportsmen."

mbb355

Reaction score
Mark Cho's latest video on styling this season's gun club check jacket is terrific and makes me way more interested in the piece. I actually never realized the jacket had a gray overcheck, I'd always assumed it was brown. The gray definitely adds a layer of depth and uniqueness. And the cloth sounds truly unique and interesting.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with altering the hip/seat on model A chinos? Mine have some excess fabric, and I was wondering if this is something that could be done by an alteration tailor.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with altering the hip/seat on model A chinos? Mine have some excess fabric, and I was wondering if this is something that could be done by an alteration tailor.

Assuming you mean the sport chinos, yes, any tailor can take in the waist and seat.

They are not constructed to be let out, so I sized up and had them taken in a bit in the waist/seat.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I continue to fail to see the difference between the Mod A sport chinos and Mod A cotton trousers
Good point, and a bit overdue, but we've recently adjusted the naming system so the Model A trousers and Sport Chinos no longer share that model reference. Originally, the sport chino was developed as a machine washable version of the Model A trouser. Meaning the fit would be most comparable after the minor shrinkage at home. We've since tweaked the patterns and the sport chino has taken on it's own form. We've also adjusted the size charts on the site to more properly show the fit. We're always happy to hear more feedback though!

PS - They sport chino is also back in stock!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so if I look at the measurement of cotton sport chino, seems like even though I'm size 30 I should take EU44 rather than EU46 or that's to account for the shrinkage?

mbb355

Reaction score
Good point, and a bit overdue, but we've recently adjusted the naming system so the Model A trousers and Sport Chinos no longer share that model reference. Originally, the sport chino was developed as a machine washable version of the Model A trouser. Meaning the fit would be most comparable after the minor shrinkage at home. We've since tweaked the patterns and the sport chino has taken on it's own form. We've also adjusted the size charts on the site to more properly show the fit. We're always happy to hear more feedback though!

PS - They sport chino is also back in stock!
That dark blue sold out in my size again! Darn, love that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads