• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only thing that changed for me was that I went from wearing fancy dress clothes to fancy casual clothes ?

I just wear crap, a cat that sheds everywhere and a 3 years old is too much for nice clothe at home....

edit: yet somehow I bought more shoes and more sportscoat since March then probably the last 2 years combined...

edit2: scratch that, maybe last 4 years combined for shoes, that's how I got the global sanction order from my wife...

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wear crap, a cat that sheds everywhere and a 3 years old is too much for nice clothe at home....

edit: yet somehow I bought more shoes and more sportscoat since March then probably the last 2 years combined...

I built a laundry folding & packing surface above our dryer as I didn't have a flat surface without dog hair. It's my safe space, even though I haven't packed all year.

IMG_0108.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I built a laundry folding & packing surface above our dryer as I didn't have a flat surface without dog hair. It's my safe space, even though I haven't packed all year.

View attachment 1517008

now imagine if you have a cat, that would be the perfect sport for her daily nap...

edit: and my wife was about to throw away the hanger rack, she was like you hasn't use that all year, and I was like, yea I hasn't wear shirt all year to just have something hung dry there...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The brown shawl-collar cardigan I grabbed from Armoury continues to be one of my most-worn pieces at home. I’m really growing into it, too...

I think I need to turn off heater to enjoy some of the outwear... don't think that conversation will go well with my wife...

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I need to turn off heater to enjoy some of the outwear... don't think that conversation will go well with my wife...

We’re so poor, I spent $500 CDN on a sweater to save some money on heating.

kaizerpi

Reaction score
I used to dress in more tailored clothing for work but that's obviously not as appropriate at home. But dressing nicely is both something I like to do for myself, for putting myself in the right mindset, rather than always wearing sweatpants and pajamas but also shows some level of respect for others who I'm on video calls with as well, especially because its not that much effort to put on a collared shirt and a nice knit when its a little cold. The city hunter is both a nice, comfortable piece because its completely unstructured, but acts almost like a lighter cardigan, thus why I mentioned why I thought the wool jersey might have been nicer in the winter than the cotton-linen (though some people like wearing a cotton cardigan like the ones on 3sixteen).

There's actually a phenomenon around what you wear and how you might be perceived or how you perceive yourself: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/science/clothes-and-self-perception.html

Even aside from that, when you're at home, do you like to have nice things? A nice glass that was thoughtfully considered and designed? Nice furniture that both looks good and is comfortable to sink into? I'm not sure how that's so different from liking to wear nice clothing from home even if no one sees you in it.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my wife read something on the internet about if you keep it a little colder in your house you’ll get sick less so that’s what we are doing.
So, just have her read that stuff.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone handled it in person? I mean on screen it looks like a nice winter navy jacket with a bit subtle shine to it (no idea why, but when I think of Dormeuil I think of something slightly shiny, not in a bad way, just feel like that's what they do, sort of a city luxury thing?)

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone handled it in person? I mean on screen it looks like a nice winter navy jacket with a bit subtle shine to it (no idea why, but when I think of Dormeuil I think of something slightly shiny, not in a bad way, just feel like that's what they do, sort of a city luxury thing?)
several folks bought the model 6 when they first started the 20% off RJ sale. i.e.:

First real spin in my new Ring Jacket Model 6 in Dormeuil Vintage Sportex (I switched out the buttons for spoke MOP). My favorite RTW DB model :)

View attachment 1485346

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics