• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So is Model 12 basically ventless version of Model 11, or there are some other difference I'm missing?
It's definitely most similar to the 11, but there are a few key details.
Our only one piece back, as well as our only 2 button jacket. It's also got its own new patch pockets, much more rounded than the Ivy style pockets on the 11. It's also got different edge stitching and a lighter canvas.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just saw a video of Mark wearing Nigel Cabourne X Armoury army chinos.
Didn't see that mention anywhere about this new collab.

Can you tell us more and show some pics?
At the moment they are an Hong Kong exclusive, as we have our made in the US Army chino in our New York shops. We can always get a pair sent over if you'd like! Here are some pics.

DSCF6226-copy.jpg
DSCF6206-copy.jpg
DSCF6209-copy.jpg

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My decade twill Model 11 is arriving via UPS today. Excitement abounds.

They are in NY now. If you call the store, you can order over the phone.
Yes you can! We've got them in both shops, they'll be photographed next week and on the site shortly after! Drop us a note at [email protected] and Jeff can get you sorted if you'd like to grab one before then.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the Decade Twill in Model 11 yesterday at the Westbury store.
Having it tailored and receiving it next week!
Saw some new and very cool stuffs that will be dropping soon.

So let's hear some thoughts and impressions about the fabric. Why did you opt for Model 11 versus Model 3?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So let's hear some thoughts and impressions about the fabric. Why did you opt for Model 11 versus Model 3?
Fabric is great, dense and soft. I rushed in to purchase because I had work haha, more details once I receive it.

I picked the 11 over the 3 because I like the machine stitching on the lapels and the 3 patch pockets, quite casual details, works well with a lot more of my wardrobe. Also my first model 11 haha.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried model 11 when it first came out, i guess the true "soft" nature make it look like a real sack on me and I never liked it, but I can see it work well for some

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabric is great, dense and soft. I rushed in to purchase because I had work haha, more details once I receive it.

I picked the 11 over the 3 because I like the machine stitching on the lapels and the 3 patch pockets, quite casual details, works well with a lot more of my wardrobe. Also my first model 11 haha.

I have the brown tweed herringbone Model 11 from last fall and really like it (wearing it today with cords and an oxford shirt actually). The fit is great after a bit of tailoring in the waist. I thought the shoulder and lapel were perfect. I opted for the Model 11 blazer because it reminded me of the 3/2 roll, patch pocket Brooks blazer I used to have...but way better. The detailing on the lapels is really great as well.

Last edited:

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a size 50 and the waist had enough taper from what I could see and feel. I just had the sleeves shortened and collar dropped. Also opted for functioning buttonholes. I actually do not have a nice navy sport coat, so this will be my staple. 4-ply fabrics are my weakness :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads