• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Outfit of the day, head to toe Armoury!

Jacket is part of a suit by Orazio Luciano in a fresco by Holland and Sherry, Trousers are Ambrosi RTW Single-Pleat Flannel, my tie is an incredible sevenfold by Kenji Kaga (Tie Your Tie) which is unfortunately sold out, but this one is still available! The pocket square is a classic Irish Linen by Drake's, and socks are these Bresciani over-the-calf wool in grey. The rest is all Armoury house brand, including the new(ish) Yohei Fukuda designed Wyndham Semi-Brogue Oxford's in Espresso Calf with a crazy Museum like effect, and the shirt is a fantastic pinpoint button down collar RTW model with 11 hand-sewn operations in a soft blue that goes with just about everything I own.

IMG_1822.JPG

Have a great weekend!

- Max

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For whatever reason that tie didn't grab me when I saw it in the online store, but it looks great in your pic - congrats!

...and +1 for some real boomin' lapels :slayer:

my tie is an incredible sevenfold by Kenji Kaga (Tie Your Tie) which is unfortunately sold out, but this one is still available!
View attachment 918897

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Outfit of the day, head to toe Armoury!

Jacket is part of a suit by Orazio Luciano in a fresco by Holland and Sherry, Trousers are Ambrosi RTW Single-Pleat Flannel, my tie is an incredible sevenfold by Kenji Kaga (Tie Your Tie) which is unfortunately sold out, but this one is still available! The pocket square is a classic Irish Linen by Drake's, and socks are these Bresciani over-the-calf wool in grey. The rest is all Armoury house brand, including the new(ish) Yohei Fukuda designed Wyndham Semi-Brogue Oxford's in Espresso Calf with a crazy Museum like effect, and the shirt is a fantastic pinpoint button down collar RTW model with 11 hand-sewn operations in a soft blue that goes with just about everything I own.

View attachment 918897

Have a great weekend!

- Max

sizing on the shoe?

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For whatever reason that tie didn't grab me when I saw it in the online store, but it looks great in your pic - congrats!

...and +1 for some real boomin' lapels :slayer:

Hey @razl I know what you mean about these ties, the pictures don't do them justice, it's hard to convey the fullness they have without any lining at all! As for the lapels, these are about the widest we've got, the roll is INSANE!

sizing on the shoe?
The shoes are actually some of my most comfortable dress shoes, I much prefer them to my Edward Green's if I've got to be wearing them all day. I usually wear a size 11US, a 10.5 on the Alden Barrie last and for these I sized down to a 9.5 UK and the fit is on point!

Cheers,

Max

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kenji was photographed recently wearing that tie. It is especially nice with your BB, grey trouser combo.
Hey @Gus can't find the picture you're referencing, but here's is this fantastic shot of Kenji with Simon Crompton wearing the same tie in the other color scheme, these two are surprisingly easy to wear, I find myself otherwise sticking with Madder Prints, but this is too good!

kenji-kaga-of-sevenfold2.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @Gus can't find the picture you're referencing, but here's is this fantastic shot of Kenji with Simon Crompton wearing the same tie in the other color scheme, these two are surprisingly easy to wear, I find myself otherwise sticking with Madder Prints, but this is too good!

View attachment 919779

A tri-colored wide band rep tie is always a good idea.

BTW, I met Kenji last November in Florence at his shop Tie Your Tie. Very nice fellow and, of course, well dressed. Be sure and stop in if you get to Florence.

Last edited:

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A tri-colored wide band rep tie is always a good idea.

BTW, I met Kenji last November in Florence at his shop Tie Your Tie. Very nice fellow and, of course, well dressed. Be sure and stop in if you get to Florence.

I absolutely agree, I'm keeping an eye out for what he puts out next season!

Reactions: Gus

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Keeping things a bit more casual today!

IMG_7328.JPG

I'm wearing the Armoury x Ascot Chang Safari Jacket in Brown Abraham Moon Tweed (I lived in this thing practically all winter), underneath is a crazy soft cotton flannel shirt by Luigi Borrelli, tucked into my go-to Denim the Armoury 60's Jean. My belt is a sterling slide buckle belt from Brunello Cucinelli, and my shoes are Alden Cordovan Chukka's.

Keep an eye out for some shots of our upcoming Liverano Trunk Show later on this week!

Best,
Max

kalufsen

Reaction score
Keeping things a bit more casual today!

View attachment 921044
I'm wearing the Armoury x Ascot Chang Safari Jacket in Brown Abraham Moon Tweed (I lived in this thing practically all winter), underneath is a crazy soft cotton flannel shirt by Luigi Borrelli, tucked into my go-to Denim the Armoury 60's Jean. My belt is a sterling slide buckle belt from Brunello Cucinelli, and my shoes are Alden Cordovan Chukka's.

Keep an eye out for some shots of our upcoming Liverano Trunk Show later on this week!

Best,
Max
Very nice! Perhaps a dumb question but is the safari lined? Also do you have any measurements for the x-small? Think small was sold out.

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The 60's jean looks quite "slim" in your pic.
I thought they were suppose to be more of a straight cut?
Hey man! You are absolutely right, it's a combination of a few things, the first being that I had this pair slightly tapered, the angle makes them then look even more slim cut and I have a pretty substantial thigh.

Very nice! Perhaps a dumb question but is the safari lined? Also do you have any measurements for the x-small? Think small was sold out.

Not a dumb question at all! The safari jackets are all entirely unlined, including the sleeve, and they fit very well under my heavier coat during the winter. With regard to the measurements, I pulled out the XS for you, the shoulders measure 17" across, the sleeve length is 22.5", the chest (from pit to pit) is 19.3", the "waist" (narrowest point in the body of the jacket) is 17.75" and the total length taken from the top of the back collar is 30".

Max@TheArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Hey @Max@TheArmoury,
I was hoping you could provide more commentary on the Armoury shoes as i had a hard time finding any type of review or discussion on them. What really intrigued me was that Yohei Fukuda designed the last for the shoes and that they're faux wingtip/captoes. What would you say are the biggest differences between them and a pair of Carminas which are at a similar price point?

Pls note that my intentions are not meant of whether 1 brand is better or not, but more what makes them more unique/diffrent from the other

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads