• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Air is the evolution of the 3. They won't go backwards.

scamster

Reaction score
the ipad air 2 is the new ipad the previous ipad being the ipad air.

only branded air as it's incredibly light and thin, do you prefer heavier and chunkier tablets?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****. I just fucked up my rMBP's shift key.

There was this tiny, sticky piece of paper under neath that was causing it to stick when pressed down. So I inserted a card to pop the key open and successfully removed the paper. Apparently I bent some **** there cause now the shift key doesn't press down anymore. It's just flat.

:fu:

Less than a week after I bought it, nonetheless! Thankfully I bought it with an Amex (dat apple pay), so I should be covered. But now I'm gonna have to take it to the store and not have a computer for a couple days.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@greenfrog, make sure you put the key back in the right way. These scissor keys will fall flat when not done properly. Lookup a guide on the internet..

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone considering the retina imac? Screen looks nice but probably a bit of overkill for a home PC for browsing and some Word/ Powerpoint work.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've yet to update to IOS 8.1 due to the bugs associated with its release. Is it ok to install it now?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The latest iOS rekease is fine. I mean there are still some bugs to get fixed by Apple, but it's been a solid release for me so far.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My messages freezes occasionally and needs to be restarted and there are some keyboard bugs to work out. I think when you open something that forces the Apple keyboard it switches to that for everything which is kind of annoying. Other than that I haven't had any problems.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. Going to check them out in a couple hours in fact.
And holy ****, that display is more beautiful than I had imagined. Definitely getting one. Going to upgrade the processor, video card, and ram. Going with 256 ssd instead of the 512 fusion drive.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just read a whole article about how the processor is throttled because of heat in the enclosure. So if you are performance minded, might be best to wait a revision. But otherwise they look pretty great.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Air is the evolution of the 3. They won't go backwards.

the ipad air 2 is the new ipad the previous ipad being the ipad air.

only branded air as it's incredibly light and thin, do you prefer heavier and chunkier tablets?

The Air seems to be a lite model - the MacBook and MacBook Air are still separate classes.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Macbook Pro and Macbook Air are different classes of laptops. The Pro has upgraded features and specs over the Air. The iPad Air is the evolution of the iPad. It got thinner, lighter AND faster.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the Apple Store getting my shift key replaced. It's been 45 minutes already. How the **** does it take this long to replace one key?

There's also this stupid ***** hogging the one and only retina iMac. She's been on it the entire time I've been here looking at apartments on Craigslist and ******* EMAILING LISTINGS.

God I hate people sometimes.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you ever had a repair take under an hour for anything electronic or mechanical? 45 minutes isn't bad at all. If you reach more then an hour and a half, then start bitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads