The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I was organizing some stuff the other day and put my 5 in a box and it felt so unusably small. I can't imagine ever going back to a phone that size.

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I was using a 5S the other day at work for some app testing and I was absolutely FLOORED at how small it looked and felt. I actually miss that form factor and would go back to the 5S in a heartbeat if it had the improved Touch ID and NFC.

I really really value one-handed usability and the 6 just doesn't work for me in that regard. I also love the Gold 5S. Looks amazing IMO. Best designed iPhone to-date.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

With a grippy enough case I've been fine one handing the 6. Without a case though it's too slippery to do anything with.

4. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

Thanks for sharing......:p

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Gruber made a good point when "bendgate" become news that it doesn't matter how insignificant the numbers of people who had IPhone 6's that bent are. To the public at large the new iPhone bends. It's become a meme. Facts and data doesn't matter. Even this forum showed a picture of a bent IPhone when linking to this thread on the home page. It's bizzare how Apple gets this type of attention whether an issue arises.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

6. dcg

dcg Senior member

Meh. It's gotta be by far the biggest selling phone, right? I mean Android might have more market share as a whole, but that's split between so many different carriers/models.

Anyway, I didn't stop using mine because I was afraid it was gonna bend. I stopped using it because it's just too goddamn big. After a couple of months of trying to warm up to it, it still pissed me off every day.

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I borrowed an iPhone 4S a couple of days ago, I just couldn't get over how tiny it seems now, especially with my large fingers on the keyboard. Normally I use a 5.5inch Oppo Find 7.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

8. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've had the iPhone 6 for about a month. I so enjoy its sleek lean shape and feel. The display is remarkable. I've been leaving my Fuji camera at home on trips.

I've also migrated everything over to the new Apple operating system Yosemite and integrated my phone, iPad and iMac as well as backed up to the cloud. Can't say I'm a big fan of Apple Mail but everything else seems to work well together. Its a very nice system.

9. dcg

dcg Senior member

^Good to hear icloud integration is working well for you. I'm curious if there's a way to set up multiple iOS devices so that they're all kept in sync? So for example, can I have my iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPad all sync every night so that everything I did on one (pics, app dowloads, etc.) ends up on the others?

Obviously I need to research this more.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

10. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

it's not. Get the retina screen, and don't look back.

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

When I bought my iPhone 6 a woman was getting a replacement phone. Hers had been lost, she was from another state and because she had everything backed up to the cloud, a new one worked right away and had all of her data and contact information . It was a rather remarkable demonstration of why you would want to put things on the cloud. Well, except for those nude pics perhaps :)

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Long gone are the days of going to your carrier's store and having them transfer your contacts with whatever special cable they had, huh?

I used to hate getting new phones and losing my text messages.

13. scamster

scamster Senior member

as long as you sign to iCloud using the same account on each iDevice everything like contacts, photos, mail, messages should all sync seamlessly between Mac, iPhone, iPad. have all three and it works for me.

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Same here.

15. dcg

dcg Senior member

Oh, I've been through that process several times. I agree that it's great. What I'd like to do is to duplicate EVERYTHING (apps, pics, contacts, text messages, etc.) across multiple devices, and have them all sync up during nightly backup. Not sure if that's possible or not, but...

...it sounds like maybe yes. Does it also sync your apps between iPhone and iPad? Not only data, but if you download a new app on one, will it add it to the other? If you change the location of an app on one, will it update the other (I guess one device would need to be defined as a master device for this to work)