• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coffeegrowler

Reaction score
Bob's Chili Heritage MTO - Update

* Confirmed: 20, Pending info: 5, Maybe: 1
** If Pending, please PM me your email and shoe size ASAP as I will be contacting Allison with the list April 27th, 1:30pm PST.
*** AE custom make-ups like this GMTO are NOT returnable/refundable. Please make sure of your shoe size and that you're happy with the specs below. GMTO means everyone in the group gets the same make-up. No individual changes.

Bob's Chili/Dark Burnished Chili
Tone on tone stitching
Chili flat welt
Dark Brown welt stitch
Wheeling and fudging
V-tread outsole
Independence insole and lining. If NO, change to standard leather insole with brown/mocha leather lining
Medium brown transparent edge dressing
$199 shipped CONUS -GMTO price

PENDING - please PM name/email/size
@Indyoshi68
@peppercorn78
@epc2
@alexdell
@MKJ1

CONFIRMED
@coffeegrowler
@middlepP
@polishrifle
@bobakalfb
@naspratt
@JSO1
@mreams99
@DUNDEE MAN
@jzrhwinnj
@YouArePOWER
@chubbywoo
@bluegorilla2007
@JezeC
@Sparky1500
@jocs
@Josh Savage
@cc808314
@Shoes4play
@pizzapie
@losrockets

MAYBE, no name/email/size
@avsmusic1 (if indy lining and insole)

Last edited:

pizzapie

Reaction score
I know this is a silly question, but felt I should clarify. This entire upper will be one color correct?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm sadly bowing out of the Heritage. I already have too many wingtip bals for my needs, and I already have two outstanding MTOs (the AE Eagle boots and an Enzo Bonafe chukka). Fortunately, it looks like yall still have enough to make it happen without me.

Gorgeous weather in New York today. Enjoying my Natural Shell Dundees. :)

Last edited:

Josh Savage

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Re: Chili Heritage GMTO:

Will someone guide us noobs through the process? When to email, who to email, how to pay, etc. I don't want anyone to assume I am doing something I'm supposed to do and then I miss out on the deal.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Chili Heritage GMTO:

Will someone guide us noobs through the process? When to email, who to email, how to pay, etc. I don't want anyone to assume I am doing something I'm supposed to do and then I miss out on the deal.

@coffeegrowler will let us know when he speaks to Allison and confirms the specs.

Then, we will individually reach out to Allison, whose phone number and email are at the beginning of this thread, to give her our billing information, shipping information, and confirm the size.

Then, several weeks from now you'll likely get an invoice from Allison, and then you'll get billed when the shoes ship.

coffeegrowler

Reaction score

GMTO is now closed

- Below specs were submitted to Allison this morning, along with the confirmed list of members below.
- Specs will be reviewed by the AE Product Team to see if there are potential production issues.
- Currently waiting for AE Product Team approval, possibly 1-2 days.
- Once approved, I will post an update. Each of the confirmed members will then need to contact Allison by phone or email with order and payment information to secure your order. Please do not contact Allison until I post a confirmation that this GMTO is moving forward.
- Once Allison receives order and payment information from everyone, she will put our order through to production.
- Payment is made once you receive notification that your shoes are ready to ship.

***Independence insole, lining update: Allison confirmed that the Heritage already comes standard with the Independence mocha milled insole and lining. Phew! However, as @watchidiot mentioned, there is additional padding in the shoe between the leather and Indy lining, in addition different insole padding underneath the Indy insole. I've requested no padding around the shoe, just standard Indy insole and lining as shown below.

In short, if and when this GMTO gets green lit, it will hopefully be with standard Indy insole, insole padding and lining, without the standard padding that comes with current Heritage model.***

SUBMITTED SPECS
Bob's Chili
Tone on tone stitching
Chili flat welt
Dark Brown welt stitch
Wheeling and fudging
V-tread outsole
Independence insole and lining.
*No Heritage standard padding in lining, just the standard Independence insole/lining*
Medium brown transparent edge dressing
Confirm Anniversary pricing of $199

CONFIRMED
@coffeegrowler
@middlepP
@polishrifle
@bobakalfb
@naspratt
@JSO1
@mreams99
@DUNDEE MAN
@jzrhwinnj
@YouArePOWER
@chubbywoo
@bluegorilla2007
@JezeC
@Sparky1500
@jocs
@Josh Savage
@cc808314
@Shoes4play
@pizzapie
@losrockets
@MKJ1
@alexdell
@sladejw
@Parrish
@Indyoshi68

Last edited:

NewYawker

Reaction score
Guys, I'm sadly bowing out of the Heritage. I already have too many wingtip bals for my needs, and I already have two outstanding MTOs (the AE Eagle boots and an Enzo Bonafe chukka). Fortunately, it looks like yall still have enough to make it happen without me.

Gorgeous weather in New York today. Enjoying my Natural Shell Dundees.
smile.gif

Very nice pep! I am still waiting on mine to come in from the trunk show.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMTO is now closed

- Below specs were submitted to Allison this morning, along with the confirmed list of members below.
Very well done, y'all. It was amazing when I logged in yesterday morning and saw >100 new posts in this thread from the weekend -- I can't recall a GMTO that blew up so hard and so fast. Hope it turns out well!

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very well done, y'all. It was amazing when I logged in yesterday morning and saw >100 new posts in this thread from the weekend -- I can't recall a GMTO that blew up so hard and so fast. Hope it turns out well!
Gotta give OP some credit. The Heritage with the standard two-piece contrasting leather would be a hard sell, but he was able to use convince members to use an one-piece leather and spin it off as an alternative upgrade to the McAllister at a screaming $199 price with quality MTO specs and practical functions such as the V-tread.

A superior McAllister alternative in a popular color and at a $199 price, yeah , it's going to go fast, real fast.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus