• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rostov

Reaction score
On my Bayfields it would have worn a hole right through the tongue in short order I think ..but light scuffs would not be a concern. My Navy EC's were more light scratches -someone else posted a picture of the eyelet that gauged into a good part of the leather...I guess it comes down to it doesn't happen on my other makers boots so I am thinking it should not happen on AE's...certainly nothing I would be calling looking for a discount for.

I just noticed today that a rough eyelet on my Eagle County is rubbing through the stitching on the bottom of the tongue! So far, both boots I've had with exposed eyelets has had this problem...

Last edited:

mry8s

Reaction score

I'm not sure if you are thinking of leaving out the medallion as well--IMHO I think the wing-tip looks a little odd with out the medallion. I am considering your LB build and searched for examples of tan dublin. I discovered these are pictures of Dnslater'sAberdeen in tan dublin: [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Is this the look your going for the LB tan dublin build?
More or less, but with a lighter split reverse welt. I love that honey gold color!

chenzhongbi

Reaction score

You mean these:

I don't think that AE plans on doing an austerity, but if you're willing to spend more, carmina makes a great-looking one. So do Vass and Bonafe.

Indeed. They are very impressive.
I actually initially fell for this style when seeing Carmina's version at Epaulet.
Yours were Ardsley Park webgem IIRC? What's the chance of them resurfacing on AE website?.
Meanwhile, I accidentally ran into these on Charles Tyrwhitt's website. It says they are made in Northamptonshire, England. I vaguely recollecting some comments on SF that Loake makes shoes for CT. For $315, they are not much cheaper than Carmina.

IGotId

Reaction score

Indeed. They are very impressive.
I actually initially fell for this style when seeing Carmina's version at Epaulet.
Yours were Ardsley Park webgem IIRC? What's the chance of them resurfacing on AE website?.
Meanwhile, I accidentally ran into these on Charles Tyrwhitt's website. It says they are made in Northamptonshire, England. I vaguely recollecting some comments on SF that Loake makes shoes for CT. For $315, they are not much cheaper than Carmina.

I'd email or call Allison. She recently I formed me by email that they were considering producing an austerity. Increased interest may help them to make a decision to do so.

mry8s

Reaction score
Just added myself to the Long Branch MTO list. Couldn't pass up the deal!
Welcome to the list!

We're up to a firm 9 with a possible 10th.

@mry8s
@dbacr
@mimo
@FatTuesday
@CanadaCal
@AndyC
@sruchris
@jzrhwinnj
@Twb39

The full make-up, as it stands, can be seen at the sign up link.

Matt

mry8s

Reaction score
So there are a few people discussing darker colors for the Long Branch. I'm not ready to change it up yet as I still really like the Tan Dublin, but while I've been looking for examples of the tan color dublin learther, I keep running across the name "Cognac."

Meanwhile there have been some comments about interest in a "darker dublin... like the cognac" for the LB GMTO I'm trying to wrangle.

Mitchell Leather refers to the lightest shade as Cognac or English Tan. For example:

But AE's "Cognac Dublin McTavish" is not as light and orangey:

It looks to me like a more Chestnut or maybe Italian Brown Dublin.

It's possible that AE, Horween, and Mitchell are all using different names, but I just wanted to post this up since Cognac is not a consistent name to me. Of course this also calls the tan into question too, but I guess it's easier to say "whatever the lightest Dublin from Horween is.." rather than using a name.

Last edited:

mry8s

Reaction score
4216a408640263c96de0f3c41f3b70f4.jpg

AEs cognac, chestnut and tan dublin on the top row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing your pic for that. Thanks. I requested some samples from Allison but she was having trouble getting the floor to get them to me for some reason. Was it your photo that also showed the Tan Dublin with the pull up from bending next to a few chromexcel samples? I ask because I'm curious what kind of contrast the creases and folds will show against the three different colors.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember seeing your pic for that. Thanks. I requested some samples from Allison but she was having trouble getting the floor to get them to me for some reason. Was it your photo that also showed the Tan Dublin with the pull up from bending next to a few chromexcel samples? I ask because I'm curious what kind of contrast the creases and folds will show against the three different colors.
Hmmm not sure if that was me. But the pull up color is always just the lighter version of the leather itself. I find the pull up of Dublin to be lighter than the pull up of CXL.

sruchris

Reaction score
Welcome to the list!

We're up to a firm 9 with a possible 10th.

@mry8s
@dbacr
@mimo
@FatTuesday
@CanadaCal
@AndyC
@sruchris
@jzrhwinnj
@Twb39

The full make-up, as it stands, can be seen at the sign up link.

Matt

How many more do we need for our order? When will the order be placed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics