• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I was completely torn between the navy and merlot makeups. If my fellow navy friends decide that they prefer to change to the brown welt/edge, then I would be happy to switch to merlot, as long as that is allowed by our fearless leader. :)

rostov

Reaction score
To be honest, I was completely torn between the navy and merlot makeups. If my fellow navy friends decide that they prefer to change to the brown welt/edge, then I would be happy to switch to merlot, as long as that is allowed by our fearless leader.
smile.gif

IMO, the best solution here would be to list makeup as a candidate for a Condorcet election, have everyone vote, and everyone gets whatever shoe is selected. The condorcet is a run-off style voting system that allows users to vote for a ranking of their favorite candidates. You may not get your personal first choice, but the group gets its choice. Such elections can be created here. In theory, this should provide the makeup that the largest number of users are willing to commit to buying.

Run one election for the EC and another election for the Townleys.

Perhaps next time... ;-)

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen lets keep it simple and stick with the plan. The language used in the surveys was pretty clear about its intent: the first one was to find the model + upper that would acceptable to most by majority, the second one identifying most accepted details of the chosen models/leather again by majority, and third is a commitment to order the already defined specs. This is why only a consensus is acceptable to change the already defined specs since everybody's order commitment is based on the existing spec and not contingent on further changes to that spec.

Please remember that going into this there was only an MTO program with $125 custom fee and both EC and Townley were not available even for that MTO program. Also initially the GMTO was ONLY for single make up but it has already morphed to 7 make ups.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is why we can't have nice things...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is why we can't have nice things...

Hahaha! The problem is that we've all tasted the absolute individual freedom of the prior program.

Now it's like herding cats.

Mossington

Reaction score
WI, I can now only opt in for 2 purchases for the EC, and would prefer to drop out of the Merlot, that is of course pending that we have enough orders for the brown grain and navy.

zombiesartre

Reaction score
Was there ever a consensus on Black, Blind, or Brass eyelets on the Merlot EC? Because the poll results dont seem to follow the make up

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zombiesartre

Reaction score
Gents, a few pages back I shared why the final make up is as it is. http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/2340

Indeed WI that is why I am confused.

Blind: 16
Brass: 13
Black: 13

Combination poll had Speedhooks and eyelets first with blind second. That said which takes the lead? Is it fully blind and if not should there not be a re-vote between black and blind as they are tied. That said, this is a democratic process and I will go with the group but keep in mind that one can always go from blind to exposed but not the other way around.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last comment as I am in either way and don't want to slow down the process but if blind won, why brass...
Because 3 speed hooks + eyelets won over blind in the previous question and the shoe cant be blind AND have 3 speed hooks + eyelets at the same time. As there were more 3 speed hooks + eyelets votes in the previous question than the blind votes in the next one then I went with 3 speedhooks + eyelets. Since it was a toss up between brass and black I went with what I believe matches the welt and edge color which is brass.

polofitted007

Reaction score
Because 3 speed hooks + eyelets won over blind in the previous question and the shoe cant be blind AND have 3 speed hooks + eyelets at the same time. As there were more 3 speed hooks + eyelets votes in the previous question than the blind votes in the next one then I went with 3 speedhooks + eyelets. Since it was a toss up between brass and black I went with what I believe matches the welt and edge color which is brass.

No Problem, thanks for all your hard work....Can't wait to get my boots, CHEERS!

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed WI that is why I am confused.

Blind: 16
Brass: 13
Black: 13

Combination poll had Speedhooks and eyelets first with blind second. That said which takes the lead? Is it fully blind and if not should there not be a re-vote between black and blind as they are tied. That said, this is a democratic process and I will go with the group but keep in mind that one can always go from blind to exposed but not the other way around.
See my statement above. There were 17 votes for 3 speedhooks + eyelets in the preceding question which is more than the 16 votes for blind in the next one.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! The problem is that we've all tasted the absolute individual freedom of the prior program.

Now it's like herding cats.
This was probably Pauls angle all along.

"There's no way all those shoe geeks can agree on one single shoe. They'll tear themselves to pieces. Muhahahaha" -Paul

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads