• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going with the assumption that the Merlot is going to be made to the spec's outlined? Which I fine with. The only change I would like is the welt black like the MTO one pictured earlier

Last edited:

zombiesartre

Reaction score
See my statement above. There were 17 votes for 3 speedhooks + eyelets in the preceding question which is more than the 16 votes for blind in the next one.

Fair enough but with people dropping out and the two being equal I would like to another poll-formal or not- but thats up to you bossman. I dont want to be annoying but I dislike brass on this make up enough that I might bow out as well.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a little though rushed photoshop navy/black welt/brown edge mock

mrfixit

Reaction score
I am going with the assumption that the Merlot is going to be made to the spec's outlined? Which I fine with. The only change I would like is the welt black like the MTO one pictured earlier
i think that might look weird. black welt, brown transparent midsole, black dainite outsole? i'd rather have all black, or either welt with single or double butyl outsole. i don't care about the eyelets as much but if we do black welt/outsole, black eyelets makes more sense than brass.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I will gladly buy whatever brown EC boot makeup we decide upon.

gg253

Reaction score
This EC is going to be awesome. I hope we don't Diva our way into nothing. That being said...I like black on black

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, since Im the only one with the current navy EC now, Id have to say the navy calf is really dark, almost black unless outside and its sunny. All the pictures I have posted here are under bright sunny conditions or under a bright indoor light for photography.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/2370

I have black welt on black sole so you can deduce my preference, which doesnt count since Im not ordering.

I think Ive already shared my view and my approach to changing specs so Ill leave you folks to it until otherwise I'm asked to intervene. Play nice folks :)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think that might look weird. black welt, brown transparent midsole, black dainite outsole? i'd rather have all black, or either welt with single or double butyl outsole. i don't care about the eyelets as much but if we do black welt/outsole, black eyelets makes more sense than brass.

Good point..I was thinking the edge dressing would be like the one posted earlier too. the Merlot makeup.

@watch...yeah I wish they had a color between bright blue(like on the custome tool for the MLB logo Nuemoks) and navy...or the navy colored pictured in that tool...lol

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I am ready for my next MTO!...LOL I want this in the AE chukka brown shell...with welts and sole dressing just like this...

Last edited:

Mean Mr Mustard

Reaction score
IMO, the best solution here would be to list makeup as a candidate for a Condorcet election, have everyone vote, and everyone gets whatever shoe is selected. The condorcet is a run-off style voting system that allows users to vote for a ranking of their favorite candidates. You may not get your personal first choice, but the group gets its choice. Such elections can be created here. In theory, this should provide the makeup that the largest number of users are willing to commit to buying.

Run one election for the EC and another election for the Townleys.

Perhaps next time... ;-)
For next time, I agree this is the better way to do it.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For next time, I agree this is the better way to do it.
I bet that with all the different must haves and conditions the group, this will result to a condorcet paradox. A Condorcet winner doesn't always exist because majority preferences can be like rock-paper-scissors: for each candidate, there can be another that is preferred by some majority (thanks to wiki)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone PM me what the merlot/brown makeup for the EC is looking like? Or post here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone PM me what the merlot/brown makeup for the EC is looking like? Or post here.
Here you go

Make-Up 2: Eagle County on brown grain calf (1040) with tone-on-tone stitching; brown flat welt; black Dainite with leather midsole; medium brown edge dressing; brass eyelets and speedhooks, with the 3 top most being speedhooks; leather insole & lining; estimated price $350-$395

Make-Up 5: Eagle County Merlot calf w/ tone-on-tone stitching; Chili flat welt; Black Dainite w/ leather midsole; medium brown edge dressing; brass eyelets and speedhooks, with the 3 top most being speedhooks; Leather insole & lining; estimated price $350-$395

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OFFICIAL UPDATE: Allen Edmonds SF Group MTO

Gentlemen,

To those people taking the lead on the minor modifications do the specs, much appreciatre if you can wrap it on Friday and inform me via PM of the final make up. We dont want to hold up the whole process for this GMTO as there are other folks ready to proceed to the next step.

As far as I know only the navy EC is up for discussion. Brown shell townley minor modification almost done. As mentioned before please ensure its a concensus as it is all in our best interest for people not to back out.

I am in the process of negotiating prices with Paul and it will help our cause if we have a good solid volume of orders. I am optimistic that everybody will be pleased with the results of this discussion.

I hope to be able to post the final prices over the weekend. Hopefully invoicing can start next week.

Your cat herder,
Dale

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.. Looking forward to it.. Just sold a pair of Shell Daltons in Burgundy to make room for the Shell ECs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads