• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Honestly, I think we should be grateful that we've been able to get the deals we've been getting.  It doesn't surprise me in the least that they would want to rein us in a little.  However, it would be great to bring this new thread to AE's (really to Paul's) attention.

I am very grateful of the deal, I just wish I could get an Eagle Country MTO going. I'm just mad so I'm going to take my toys and go home! Day late and a dollar short. I think Ryden was spot on with his theory, though.

Pastor

Reaction score

Honestly, I think we should be grateful that we've been able to get the deals we've been getting.  It doesn't surprise me in the least that they would want to rein us in a little.  However, it would be great to bring this new thread to AE's (really to Paul's) attention.

Email Paul and let him know. I've emailed him a few times and I've always gotten a personal response.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Cool! Mike, since you created the thread, would you like to do the honors?
fistbump.gif

LeviMay

Reaction score
I don't follow what's going on. Are we emailing Mr. Grangaard simply to show him our beautiful MTOs created through the program he initiated? Or are we emailing to protest the rescindment of the MTO Program's use of discontinued models and sale prices?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't follow what's going on. Are we emailing Mr. Grangaard simply to show him our beautiful MTOs created through the program he initiated? Or are we emailing to protest the rescindment of the MTO Program's use of discontinued models and sale prices?

The former, I believe.

johngee

Reaction score

I emailed Allison regarding doing an MTO on some Promontory Point or Eagle County Boots and this was the response I received.

Good Morning Nick,

Recently we have made some changes with our custom orders, I am no longer to place orders for discontinued and retired styles. I can only produce footwear that is a part of our currently collection. I apologize for the unfortunate news, and if there is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you,

Allison Meyer

To clarify: does this mean MTO is not available on styles that appear only in the clearance section of AE's website?

When browsing AE, shoes are grouped in two sections. The upper half of the page lists full-priced shoes, and the lower half is titled Clearance Sections. I am assuming styles are only available for MTO if they appear in the full-priced section?

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I believe the intent or my intent was to praise the MTO program and then to cordially request that they consider making at least a few discontinued shoes for us (Bayfields and Eagle Countries).

-Mike

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the intent or my intent was to praise the MTO program and then to cordially request that they consider making at least a few discontinued shoes for us (Bayfields and Eagle Countries).

-Mike
Completely agree with this one.

Though I understand that the prerogative that allows us to enjoy MTOs for discontinued styles is solely Paul's as AE CEO, I do hope that when he sees all the beautiful Eagle Counties, Cliftons and Bayfields that have come out of the MTO program will make him reconsider.

NickCarraway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done an MTO on a 333 last in C width? I don't see any 333 in C on the website.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Has anyone done an MTO on a 333 last in C width? I don't see any 333 in C on the website.

Nick, you are correct, I went through all of the 333 lasted shoes and couldn't find a C width on any. That may be an Allison question. But, you are limited to the sizes that AE has a last for. When I did my MTO Harrison, I was initially interested in getting a C width until I tried on a D. She didn't say that I couldn't do a C width, but she may not have researched it enough to be that specific.

-Mike

shartmann

Reaction score
Only because someone commented here yesterday on my Strands.

Walnut Shell Cordovan Strands. If Walnut Shell ever comes back, another pair would be on my list...

-Mike

These look great, I would get a pair if I could. I had the chance to do this as an MTO last summer but went with cappuccino shell instead. I like my choice, but this is a fantastic shoe.

LeviMay

Reaction score
I don't feel it's unreasonable for Mr Grangaard to restrict the offerings to current models for efficiency's sake. That said, perhaps a minimum-run MTO could be done on select models, as with the G&G or Viberg threads. Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads