• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seer

Reaction score
Thank you guys. The suede tongue is very unnoticeable when laced up, but makes it much more comfortable.

I believe it's on the 678 last which is similar to the 4 last. Per the website - "Modeled after the 4 last, but with a fuller fit and additional depth to accommodate Allen Edmonds removable orthotic." It fit TTS for me. Also, it appears that since this is a discontinued style, it is no longer available for a MTO at the moment. I paid the clearance price of $197.

Thank you...

easy_golfing

Reaction score

This is a great thread, thanks for setting it up Mike. It is nice to see all the excellent MTO's that have been created. I was able to get in on this last summer while they still had walnut and cappuccino shell available. I ended up getting one of each color: walnut shell Cliftons and cappuccino shell Strands. Both had basically the same makeup: - single Rendenbach leather sole - light brown edge with wheeling - chili welt I really like how both of these turned out. The Clifton is a great shoe in my opinion. I ended up ordering this in burgundy shell a few months ago. Walnut Shell Cliftons: Cappuccino Shell Strands:
wow!! do they still have walnut shell available?

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow!! do they still have walnut shell available?

Allen Edmonds no longer have walnut shell in supply and they do not plan on making them available in the foreseeable future. Same goes for cappucino shell.

This info is also available in the first page of this thread which contains most information you need to start an MTO.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just informed by Allison that one of my Eagle County MTO will be cancelled because they don't have the last for a 6.5C in the 2-last. This was supposed to be a chili Eagle County for my wife to let her in on the fun of wearing Allen Edmonds.

Should I just totally scrap the MTO or should I use it to get another Eagle County MTO in my size as this will probably the last time I can get them to do an MTO of the Eagle County? I already have 2 other Eagle County MTOs (one a casual looking tan waxy leather currently making its way over the pacific, and another a more formal make with a merlot upper still being made). Even as the temptation to acquire USD197 boots are great I don't think I can justify 3 pairs of shoes based on the same mode.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Was just informed by Allison that one of my Eagle County MTO will be cancelled because they don't have the last for a 6.5C in the 2-last. This was supposed to be a chili Eagle County for my wife to let her in on the fun of wearing Allen Edmonds.

Should I just totally scrap the MTO or should I use it to get another Eagle County MTO in my size as this will probably the last time I can get them to do an MTO of the Eagle County? I already have 2 other Eagle County MTOs (one a casual looking tan waxy leather currently making its way over the pacific, and another a more formal make with a merlot upper still being made). Even as the temptation to acquire USD197 boots are great I don't think I can justify 3 pairs of shoes based on the same mode.

I'm sure you could come up with another build you'd like haha. Otherwise maybe hook up a fellow SFer with a build (not me)?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I'm sure you could come up with another build you'd like haha. Otherwise maybe hook up a fellow SFer with a build (not me)?

Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking! (maybe me) lol

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Golden brown CXL looks very similar to Viberg's Iced Mocha CXL

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great job Mike! Can't wait to add to it in a couple of weeks. FWIW I was able to get a custom walnut cordovan belt. Glad to see the usual enablers ugh I mean contributors here.

LeviMay

Reaction score
I've noticed the Promontory Point is absent from the AE site, both the regular- amd clearance-priced sections. I take it this means it's unavailable for MTO?

I truly think this boot is the most glaring example of the website's photographic shortcomings. Everyone's MTOs look great.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list!

Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking! (maybe me) lol

6D is apparently available on the 2 last so the queries above will depend on this next question. On a 2 lasted boot, would wearing a 6D vary that much with a 6.5C?The 2 last look like it wears long on the toes so I don't think half a size smaller would create problems on the toe box. I'm thinking that this being a boot, the increase in width would not greatly impact or cause heel slippage. She will also primarily use this boot when we travel to cold countries so I assume she's wearing thick socks. I need someone with a clear head as I'm drunk with the idea to get my wife some AE shoes so she will realize how good they are and she may even stop looking over my shoulder whenever i make shoe purchases hehe (probably not).

Unfortunately we live on the other side of the world and don't have the opportunity to try a 6D in a brick and mortar store (and the chances they carry stock in that size is pretty close to nil anyway)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fresh out of the box:

Promontory Point in 9D

3119 GOLDEN BROWN CHROME XL
1078 SNUFF SUEDE- TONGUE
BLUE LINING LEATHER (they could only get the insole to be blue)
NATURAL SPLIT REVERSE WELT
LEATHER MIDSOLE
DAINITE OUTSOLE
MATCH UPPER STITCHING TO 2005
MATCH WELT STITCHING TO UPPER
*BROWN FLAT LACES

I was supposed to have black eyelets and speed hooks, but I'm glad they made a "mistake" and used the silver (?) eyelets.

These are beautiful.

Question for those of you who have recently received your MTO's: Did you get any notification that they were shipped, or did they just show up? I'm currently waiting for my first MTO (it's killing me seeing all of these beauties coming in), and got an email from Allison stating that they were "currently in production". Bored and anxious. Thanks.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are beautiful.

Question for those of you who have recently received your MTO's: Did you get any notification that they were shipped, or did they just show up? I'm currently waiting for my first MTO (it's killing me seeing all of these beauties coming in), and got an email from Allison stating that they were "currently in production". Bored and anxious. Thanks.

You will receive an invoice, basically a copy of the original invoice but with taxes and also the charge for the shoe. After receiving this invoice, I usually send her an email asking for the tracking number.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Great job Mike! Can't wait to add to it in a couple of weeks. FWIW I was able to get a custom walnut cordovan belt. Glad to see the usual enablers ugh I mean contributors here.

My friend, I am very aware of the fact that you were able to get a MTO Walnut Shell belt. I tried to make the claim that they had done it previously, but it was determined by Paul that it was a safety issue and that he was unwilling to risk his employee's safety (which honestly is totally understandable). Just disappointed that they can't be burnished somehow else (i.e. by Mike's manual labor)... :)

-Mike

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Eagle County MTO still available for $197?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads