• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Cross post:

I heard from Allison regarding getting back my returned EC.... She will send me back my Navy EC and siphon $129 from my card, as it was headed to an outlet or Shoebank - probably to be purchased by ME anyway. Win.
Today is a good day.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shell Dundee sizing standard 511 boot last size for most? My shell townley is def a tad looser than my calf 511..

Other than the LB, I'm the same through all of the 511 shoes / boots - 11.5E. My brand new Bayfields are great at 11.5E. I did nab a pair of shell Dundees on Shoebank in 11.5D. They fit just fine.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah, I forgot to tell you, my dog chewed up one of those - I was storing them on the porch while my house was being painted.

Edit: Just joshing you. I'll fess up before you have a heart attack. I can comfortably wear 12D. And I still ADORE the Walnut shell Daltons. I may keep them in a gun safe to protect them!

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, I was just joking -but it doesn't hurt to ask!
It's always good to maintain connection to the man in charge of your favorite shoe brand.

Here's Paul's reply:
"The $20 off coupon is intended for in-person sales in the Atlanta market only. Our Retail Division is trying to drive awareness of our new store in the suburb of Buckhead, which is hindered by road and building construction around an already "a bit off the beaten path" location. Sites like that usually work well for us once the whereabouts is known, but Buckhead is off to a slower start than we had planned. The construction doesn't help."

It appears our friends from the ATL area were lucky and the classic case of being at the right place at the right time applied. I'm green (shell bottle green to be exact) with envy. Lol.

I also told Paul that they better do a brown grain First Ave based on the response of the forum to the brown grain ECs. For all those who missed out and are having non buyers remorse you'll be glad to hear what Paul had to say to this:

"You'll be pleased to know we have other colors, including a walnut grain First Ave coming in the new year. We love that boot and you and your SF colleagues helped inspire it. I'm glad you liked your Eagle County boots!"

Yep we helped inspire the first ave boot. Love that piece of trivia.

Paul was also asking for any other themes around SF and here are a few id like to bring up:
- need for a short wing blucher
- bring back a tanker boot with Norwegian split toe in suede and contrasting stitch
- introduction of a quarter brogue balmoral
- possibly change or have an option for the slip bead and welt/edge of the more casual shell burgundy make ups (Leeds, MacNeil, Dundee) to brown and chili/medium brown transparent to match the lighter patina that burg shell develops. The black contrast looks quite jarring IMHO.

Anything else?

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say quarter brogue Balmoral do you mean something other than the fifth Avenue? Agree with the rest.

I'd like so see some more styles in the 3 last (I may be in the minority here)
Balmoral boots
Lastly, getting you on the AE payroll!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's always good to maintain connection to the man in charge of your favorite shoe brand.

Here's Paul's reply:
"The $20 off coupon is intended for in-person sales in the Atlanta market only. Our Retail Division is trying to drive awareness of our new store in the suburb of Buckhead, which is hindered by road and building construction around an already "a bit off the beaten path" location. Sites like that usually work well for us once the whereabouts is known, but Buckhead is off to a slower start than we had planned. The construction doesn't help."

It appears our friends from the ATL area were lucky and the classic case of being at the right place at the right time applied. I'm green (shell bottle green to be exact) with envy. Lol.

I also told Paul that they better do a brown grain First Ave based on the response of the forum to the brown grain ECs. For all those who missed out and are having non buyers remorse you'll be glad to hear what Paul had to say to this:

"You'll be pleased to know we have other colors, including a walnut grain First Ave coming in the new year. We love that boot and you and your SF colleagues helped inspire it. I'm glad you liked your Eagle County boots!"

Paul was also asking for any other themes around SF and here are a few id like to bring up:
- bring back a tanker boot with Norwegian split toe in suede and contrasting stitch
- possibly change or have an option for the slip bead and welt/edge of the more casual shell burgundy make ups (Leeds, MacNeil, Dundee) to brown and chili/medium brown transparent to match the lighter patina that burg shell develops. The black contrast looks quite jarring IMHO.

Anything else?

I think more suede options. Maybe as a web gem? I'd love some Olive or bitter choco in something that wasn't a bal or a loafer.

Thanks for doing this!

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and an austerity like my babies!

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- possibly change or have an option for the slip bead and welt/edge of the more casual shell burgundy make ups (Leeds, MacNeil, Dundee) to brown and chili/medium brown transparent...

This would be huge.

Also, an LWB in calf / suede combination would be sweet.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Here's Paul's reply:

Anything else?

I can tolerate that response to the gift cards. Seems reasonable to me. Bummer, I would have flown there for the $600 though if I had known. :)

mrfixit

Reaction score
Too bad that isn't correct. I got the gift card deal in Houston on a phone order. To be fair, I originally planned to travel for the event but the SA said she'd be happy to take the order by phone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads