The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. AndyC

AndyC Senior member

@csmitty Do you keep in contact with Allison on the status? I was going to email her, but I don't want to be a pain!

2. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

^^ Me too.

3. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Thanks. I thought they would be more "in-your-face" / spectator-like but they're actually not. Like I said, I wear them more than I thought I would.

4. weswu

weswu Member

I also have "pits and craters" on the cap of one of my Bayfields. The rest of the shoe turned out nicely and I'm not going to return them since structurally there's nothing wrong with them - I just wonder about somebody not using the cleanest pieces of shells for the most noticable part of the shoe (the toe). I mean, if you have pitted shell pieces and put them on the quarters, not nearly as big a deal.

That said, this is probably my last MTO/GMTO for a very long while. Lack of easy reorder and not being able to count on walking out with a perfect shoe (without the associated guilt that was mentioned) Unfortunately, the GMTO's are really the only makeups I'm interested in atm.

I was really thinking about picking up a pair of natural shell franciscan monks at the SF trunk show next week though.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

All of this said, I would be inclined to just keep the shoes if I could actually wear them. The insole misalignment is the deal breaker.

I have to keep reminding myself that I did pay full price for these shoes at one point, and 600$ should entitle me to a shoe that isn't splitting and causing me pain.

But them being so nice makes me feel self-conscious about complaining.

6. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:I was in contact with her about the Townleys as I asked her to call me when they were ready to ship in case the shipping address needed to be changed. So while she was on the phone I asked her if she knew where they were. I wouldn't call or email just to find that one piece of information out though as that would probably get annoying. So if you were calling about something else I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask. She seemed to be able to pull it up pretty quick. Or just pulled it out of thin air. I'd never know the difference.

7. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I just caved, and emailed to ask. [​IMG]

8. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

i don't think they would want you to keep this shoe. the longer you wait, the harder it is to give the feedback. when something isn't right, let them know right away. you are doing them a favor by bringing it to their attention and giving them an opportunity to resolve instead of possibly losing future business. no company gets it right every time with every customer. it's the way they handle missteps that sets them apart. how many "customer for life" stories have you heard based upon a mistake being corrected? i see them here all the time.

9. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

I ordered 3 G-mtos, have received only one pair (Navy). Per chance, they are on my feet today.

So... multiple pairs is not the ticket to accelerated delivery.

I assume this work is scheduled based on internal efficiencies which vary, IE, materials/components in hand, labor availability etc. If true, we won't be good at prediction without added data...like component inventory levels, broken down by size. :)

10. jch1

jch1 Senior member

When I asked a few days ago, Allison told me the outlook was "mid to late November." I didn't bother inquiring further as to why that was the case, as my bank account is currently being decimated by bourbon and boots.

11. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Wasn't that the original estimate anyway? I'm still waiting on the Navy, but it doesn't seem like an excessive amount of time to me.

12. jch1

jch1 Senior member

That probably was the original estimate, but I'm sure for some people it's a bit difficult seeing other people already with their pairs.

13. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

I've been tempted to contact as well as I'm in on the Bayfield order and haven't heard a thing (whereas other people have gotten theirs already!). Will probably wait until the 8 weeks she said is up first.

14. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I was also itching to ask, but then I saw an invoice pop up this morning for the bayfield. I hope the strands don't finish this month...I'm hoping for a breather.