Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. jubu

jubu Senior member

Yea, I would return them and re-buy (Assuming unworn merchandise of course)...I would've thought the store manager might work something out given the level of your biz...

2. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

That is disappointing. I'm upset about my one pair. I woulda figured at your volume of purchasing, you already qualified for a discount! Get WatchIdiot to negotiate that for you with Paul.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I kinda like how Dale has become Paul's unofficial liaison with the SF community. ;)

4. peppercorn78

You bought from the Chicago store, right Dubs? Maybe they weren't running this particular program. I was in the Madison Ave store last night and they hadn't heard of it.

5. peppercorn78

It's all right, TJ. For as much as I love these boots, it's a small inconvenience. And as Dale says, it may not have come to pass without you!

6. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

It's not unheard of to have a medallion-less toe on a heavily brogued shoe, and many others seem to like it, as the recent GMTO's seem to suggest:
    [​IMG]
    What are your thoughts on the Townley, peppercorn? Does this style seem unbalanced as well, or does being being a blucher make it okay for you? Just curious.

Although my goal was to have a spot at the front of the shoe where the beauty of that color of shell is on display - uninterrupted by the medallion - the Park Avenue just TOO plain, and I have a Fifth Ave...the single brogue across the captoe almost looks out of place to me, especially with the stubby cap on that model. THAT shoe looks unbalanced in it's current make up (slide the cap back, Paul). I'd do PA in Navy, though, as I would wear the more formal style with suits. That Bottle Green deserves some special tweaks! I think it will be a fun and handsome shoe with some versatility, especially if it comes with the blue-ish tones like the one I saw in Chicago; I did some photoshop on the style and it works for me.

7. peppercorn78

I'm not a huge townley fan, no. Although I will say that the fact that there is more open space along the vamp (compared to the strand) stretches the front half of the shoe out, visually, and makes it seem less busy overall than the strand. Because of this, i don't seem to miss the nedallion as much. But it's not my favorite design. To each his own, though! :)

8. ymmt

ymmt Well-Known Member

@mdubs: I really suggest just give the SA a call to at least ask. To follow up on last night's post, I was actually able to get the gift cards attached to my natural shell dundee makup. @peppercorn78: According to my SA, only 2 people took advantage of the deal during the 2 day period, so it seemed like it was not well-advertised. Perhaps your SA overlooked the memo.

9. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Thats just icing on top. If I had know I might have ordered from one of those stores. Makes the next shell pair cheaper than RDA.

10. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Gentlemen,

Monday night at the Chicago trunk show I placed an order for the Strand in natural cordovan with a chili welt and midsole and on Dainite....

Very excited

11. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

i did send Paul an email to ask. Not expecting a reply but who knows, maybe we'll get more reasons, in the form of gift vouchers, to buy AEs.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Yeah my brain was clearly not firing on all sigals as I would have put in my order for the Dundee's as well....and with the gift cards may have pulled the trigger on a bottle green macneil or leed..

shell Dundee sizing standard 511 boot last size for most? My shell townley is def a tad looser than my calf 511..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

13. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:I go with same size 511, calf and shell. Haven't noticed a big difference. Other than the Long Branch obviously...

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Ouch. It's one thing if it's only a few bucks, but that's pretty hefty.

15. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

That there sounds like an awesome pair of shoes. The Strands can dress down well and the natural shell would look awesome with denim.