1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

1 person likes this.
  2. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

The one-eighth?

3. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Wow, the Chili Grain looks amazing. Baffled that all this beautiful leather isn't getting used for a factory design like this!!! Gah! At least they let us do this!

-Mike

4. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

i quite like large bows. Nothing wrong with that!

5. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

So 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison. :)

6. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

For those wondering, here's a photo of those MTO Jefferson beauties:

[​IMG]

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Chili grain could possibly be my new favorite material.

8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Love my chili grain MacNeils - and seriously bummed that I missed out on the walnut grain.

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I'm bummed I missed that, too.

10. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Well, here they are!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, they are stunning! The burnishing came out great, which is somewhat tricky for bourbon shoes.

BUT as we have seen with recent MTOs, there were some mistakes that I have brought to Allison's attention… maybe she grades the shoe manufacturers on following instructions.[​IMG]

The edges are supposed to be toasted, not brown. This is one issue that saddens me as I was really looking forward to the uniqueness of toasted edges.
    And the other is the sock liner color, supposed to be snuff suede not tan suede. No biggie here, no one will ever see that.

Well I hope you enjoy the pic!!!!

2 people like this.
  11. BCer

BCer Senior member

As you can see, they are stunning! The burnishing came out great, which is somewhat tricky for bourbon shoes. 

BUT as we have seen with recent MTOs, there were some mistakes that I have brought to Allison's attention… maybe she grades the shoe manufacturers on following instructions.:facepalm:

The edges are supposed to be toasted, not brown. This is one issue that saddens me as I was really looking forward to the uniqueness of toasted edges.
    And the other is the sock liner color, supposed to be snuff suede not tan suede. No biggie here, no one will ever see that.

Well I hope you enjoy the pic!!!!
    [/quote]

Wow, those are incredibly stunning! Love everything about them. Obviously your lining and sock liner colours make them unique, but won't be seen by anyone. But what is 'out there to be seen' is dead-on. Great job, Maybe we'll see that makeup as standard offers soon?

12. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

13. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

14. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Well done, Superb makeup!

15. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior member

Thanks for the great pics - looks like they fit your feet well. Love the way they came out, and while you may be disappointed with the edges, they still look great to me. I do find the blue lining rather jarring and not complementary to the rest of the boot, but it might have also been exacerbated by the flash picture.

16. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

It is pretty jarring, but I think that makes it kind of fun. Especially since its a high boot and thus there is like a 0.1% chance anyone would actually see it unless you tried to show it to them.

-Mike

17. green garden

green garden Senior member

To tell you the truth, the verdict on this particular grain leather is still out for me. Aesthetically it looks great. I like the depth and warmth of the color. It's definitely a winner in this area. However, the leather seems thinner than AE's other dress leather. It also is not as supple. This is my first scotch grain type of shoes so I'm not sure if the texture I feel is characteristic of the leather. I'm worried from a longevity standpoint. I haven't worn it outside the house yet. But before I do, I'll condition. We'll see how it wears.

18. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Gotcha. I understand that. I could not tell that it was that thin! I have no grain in calf skin. I have heard that grain tends to wear more like shell cordovan than calf skin. I have a pair of grain shell cordovan and that is all.

Would definitely be interested in updates as you get some milage on those shoes.

-M

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Oh...that's all...ONLY some grained shell corvovan? No biggie, right?? haha

20. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

My MTO Brown Shell Strands come in on Friday. Excited, but now nervous, about things that may not align with the specifications. I would not be happy if they had White Harrier Soles! :) P.S. The harriers look good on your MTO, just wouldn't on a shell strand! ;-)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014