• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You'll probably find an opportunity. Keep checking shoebank, Ebay, Nordstrom, etc. I've seen a few in my size show up on the bank, but as smfdoc once told me, "if you snooze, you lose."
Pay attention to @smfdoc, he is one smart cookie.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another pair of McGregors today (Brown this time). I am trying to actually wear some of my shoes. It is tough to keep shoes in circulation after reaching retirement...

02-13-24 McGregor.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always keeping my eyes peeled for the Freeport versions I'd like. I'll be ready to pounce when the right one is available at the right price.

I was playing around with the customizer on the AE site and built a burgundy brush-off leather version with double v-tread that I quite like. I came close a couple of times to picking up the standard brown brush off version that was available, but it never got to a price point that I was comfortable with. Don't get me wrong, I also like the idea of all the different cordovan customizations, but can't really stomach paying over $1k for a pair of AEs, unless it was something I was absolutely in love with.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 10.48.34 AM.png

I think burgundy is an underrated color, and I think the brush-off leather lends itself to some really interesting looks over time. But, then I asked myself if I really want to spend the extra $130 over retail for a boot that isn't as good as the color #8 shell version I ordered from a trunk show? No. No, I do not. If there were some Dublin options I could customize? Oh, yeah, then we'd be talking.

In the meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy these mofos for the rest of the day.

IMG_7509.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always keeping my eyes peeled for the Freeport versions I'd like. I'll be ready to pounce when the right one is available at the right price.

I was playing around with the customizer on the AE site and built a burgundy brush-off leather version with double v-tread that I quite like. I came close a couple of times to picking up the standard brown brush off version that was available, but it never got to a price point that I was comfortable with. Don't get me wrong, I also like the idea of all the different cordovan customizations, but can't really stomach paying over $1k for a pair of AEs, unless it was something I was absolutely in love with. View attachment 2130957

I think burgundy is an underrated color, and I think the brush-off leather lends itself to some really interesting looks over time. But, then I asked myself if I really want to spend the extra $130 over retail for a boot that isn't as good as the color #8 shell version I ordered from a trunk show? No. No, I do not. If there were some Dublin options I could customize? Oh, yeah, then we'd be talking.

In the meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy these mofos for the rest of the day.

View attachment 2130963
4 figure costs from AE…it better be the ultimate unicorn with all my specs perfect and built to perfectly fit my feet. I’ve got a pair of boots from another maker that didn’t bring me $1000+ enjoyment…I KNOW an AE won’t fair any better.
Finally got around to wearing these TS Specials today.

View attachment 2131029 View attachment 2131027
I do not know what your day job is, but it better not involve filming on the same rug you pose your shoes on.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore green shell today. It helps keep my feet warm in my office, which often is chilly right now. Sadly though, I caused the dreaded creasing beyond the cap. I was squatting down like a baseball catcher does and flexed them a few times. Learn from my mistake.

View attachment 2131185
Think a deerbone session could fix that crease?

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful HMs! I do think this showcases the denim shell better than any other model that was offered.

I was just looking at the online shell customization and was super confused about the markup. Had to double back on the site and found that shell is now $850/950. When did that jump occur? I am curious why AE didn't pull the marketing move of announcing a price increase was coming, in attempt to create a rush on shell purchases.

In regards to the stock vs customize pricing, it seems each model gets a $5 up-charge, plus an additional $25 for JRs. Does that match what others are seeing?

As someone else previously mentioned, it seems you can get JRs on non-shell models now. 'Member when AE would not allow this, even if paying the upcharge during a recraft? Guess that policy has changed...
Just doing some catching up and read your post here. I didn't believe it so I went to check and sure enough... Wild prices. I guess this is how you justify a $200 resole instead of buying new... That price is something else. 2023 yielded very few new purchases (4 if I recall) and none with were AE. That trend may continue this year. Still love the pairs I have though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics