• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy B-day Vincent George^^^

There was rain in the forecast so I pulled out the Dainite like soled Boardwalks:
98IS3Wu.jpg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is my 40th Birthday. Wearing something simple and timeless to usher in this new period.

For you watch aficionados, the lovely Mrs. V gifted me this Grand Seiko SBGW231 for my special day. (My IRL initials are “GS,” so this is especially fitting.)

View attachment 2140405 View attachment 2140407 View attachment 2140409

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Yesterday, I also received a new Seiko, but it's NOT a super Grand Seiko.
Wow. That thing is beautiful!

I agree with @smfdoc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is in for the golf shoes? https://www.allenedmonds.com/featured/golf-shoes

Personally, I am excited to see a new blucher--and a longwing even! However, I don't golf. That said, the soles are not particularly limited to golfing. I'll be likely passing, though I'd pick one up if it were on a v-tread or Dainite.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trivia: what’s the fastest way to piss madhat off and make him want to get rid of a pair of shoes?
Answer: have them get super noisy!
Bonus: zero to one hundred real quick…when it’s not the uppers but the soles (like the midsole or shank shifting). That’s THREE trunk shoe pairs now.
1) TS 19.1 bourbon strands (when there was a small number available…sold at a fraction of price).
2) shaved burgundy first aves (again, first run).
3) black and blue shark Landon. The fit alone had me on the fence.

I’m not going to go in an AE rant…I’m not going to go in an AE rant…I’m not going to go in an AE rant…I’ve called people out for it before, so no hypocrisy today…

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is in for the golf shoes? https://www.allenedmonds.com/featured/golf-shoes

Personally, I am excited to see a new blucher--and a longwing even! However, I don't golf. That said, the soles are not particularly limited to golfing. I'll be likely passing, though I'd pick one up if it were on a v-tread or Dainite.

I got an email about this line today. I golf, but very infrequently, and currently have an older pair of AE golf shoes. Curiosity got the best of me, and I checked them out. While they all look . . . fine, a price point of $350 feels beyond absurd, in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I think the longwing version is more interesting than most pairs of golf shoes out there, it's not $350-level interesting in a world where most of the really good golf shoes will top out around $200.

In the meanwhile, I'll be just fine focusing my dollars on pairs like these trunk show burgundy shell Higgins Mill boots on v-tread. I'd rather have one pair of these than two pairs of golf shoes, even if I was an avid golfer.

IMG_7541.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is the AE thread, but Grant Stone is doing a limited run of marbled black shell Edward plain toe boots and a penny loafer. Both priced at $800.

Those if you who missed out on AE marbled black might not want to miss this.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is the AE thread, but Grant Stone is doing a limited run of marbled black shell Edward plain toe boots and a penny loafer. Both priced at $800.

Those if you who missed out on AE marbled black might not want to miss this.

I actually did think about it. If I could guarantee that they would be as stellar as the @ProfilaBinding strands, then I would...

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Cool, I’ve never seen you have such large lace gaps!
Yessir. These are .5 down from my TTS. Also, you may notice that the laces are not making it to the top holes. I think AE included short(er) laces. Will rectify that one of these weekends.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt