• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texting.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whilst I was driving on the freeway, I noticed large signs that said "Do Not Text While Driving."

People who text whilst driving on the freeway deserve to die.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. As soon as they're done killing off all of the weirdos who collect decorative walrus dicks, they should start working on the texters.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I believe text messaging should only be enabled on the phones of deaf/hard of hearing individuals. If you can hear just wait until you have enough to say and make a phone call.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I believe text messaging should only be enabled on the phones of deaf/hard of hearing individuals. If you can hear just wait until you have enough to say and make a phone call.

Yeah, that's what we need. The government regulating another aspect of our lives. Texting is very useful for sending people a message in situations where it would be inappropriate to make a phone call. So everybody settle down.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Yeah, that's what we need. The government regulating another aspect of our lives. Texting is very useful for sending people a message in situations where it would be inappropriate to make a phone call. So everybody settle down.

I suppose that legislation is stupid, I agree.

I feel like text messaging lowers the quality of communication.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

Do you believe texting should be prohibited while driving?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
Do you believe texting should be prohibited while driving?

Sure. And I believe that it is in most places.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I passed by a high school that has a sign that says "Drowsy driving kills. Don't drive drowsy." And then a drowsy-driving victims name underneath. She was a student at the school.

Musiclover

Reaction score
You get tickets if you get caught driving and texting in California. Or anything to do with a cell phone while driving, even checking it.

indy116

Reaction score
As long as they die w/o killing me, then ok!

It was only over the past week or two that I have begun to understand the attraction of texting. Pretty darn handy for quick questions. Still can't type for **** on the cell phone though.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My driving while texting is still better than that of the vast majority of people driving without texting.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a taxi driver who was in a texting arguement with his girlfriend on the highway once. I let it slide because I figured "he's a professional, he knows what he's doing"

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is texting while driving on a city street at slow speeds in traffic still okay? How about checking the score?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads