• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Textile/Fashion Museums- Paris

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Paris next week and the week after that. I am going to Amsterdam, Paris, Nice, Monte Carlo and Provence. In Paris I am hoping check out a fashion or textile museum. I really have not been able to find much online, I find links on google but they're sending me to sites that don't have any other information other than an image, a name and no address. I was also thinking maybe there are some really bad museums there that cater to the Japanese tourist crowd.

What are some places I can go to check out great iconic items other than going to an actual store.

Edit: In edition to that are there little shops that produce small items, one of a kind to take back home (please don't tell me to go to John Lobb or Hermes and buy something $10K).

XeF4

Reaction score
A textile museum, really?

There is a Salvador Dali museum in Paris which is really nice. It has his earlier works that werent all melting clocks and crutches. It's different, but I think I liked t more than is later stuff.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musée_Galliera 10 Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie 75116 Paris, France 01 56 52 86 00
Musee_Galliera_de_la_Mode_Paris.jpg

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
A textile museum, really?

There is a Salvador Dali museum in Paris which is really nice. It has his earlier works that werent all melting clocks and crutches. It's different, but I think I liked t more than is later stuff.

Obviously I'll be going to fine art museums
teacha.gif

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any places where I can pick up a silk tie, ascot, scarf, etc? Local business that are not mass produced like Hermes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads