• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Testoni deal on yoox

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csgrad
Hmm, I don't know how conservative they are. My experience is that Yoox pictures do not capture the true color well. I think pkincy bought the same shoes a month ago so try sending him a PM about it.

They are very red not maroon. I actually returned them for size, but may rebuy the correct size at the new price.

Perry

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had problems with their color as well, mostly with their jeans however.

I really like these Testoni shoes, the 'very red' kinda scares me off though. The $5 for each return starts to add up after a while.

Do you have a pic you've taken pkincy that shows more of a true color?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sizing advice compared to C&J, Lobb, EG, etc.?

csgrad

Reaction score
I would go true to size. Like a 7.5 UK would be a 8.5 US.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Any sizing advice compared to C&J, Lobb, EG, etc.?

The Yoox correction seems to be very accurate.

i.e., I wear an 8E UK (Yoox say it is 9D US) in A Testoni where I normally wear an 8.5E UK in EG, C&J, JL which normally corresponds to my US 9D feet.

My original return was because I overrode the Yoox recommendation and ordered an 9.5D US which was the UK 8.5E sizing. It was too big.

I just ordered the 8E UK/9D US of the shoe again. (I originally paid $457 but $298 is too cheap to ignore).

Perry

csgrad

Reaction score
I just have to say, I've already bought one amadeo testoni from yoox, and I must say the leather is lucious, very sublime. The last has a very rich natural wood finish. The rubber part of the combination heel is incredibly thick compared to my other shoes, almost 2 times. There's almost no heel wear which I find very common in my shoes even after 1 month of wearing.

It's a really really great shoe, which you would expect when the retail price is around 1400 dollars. If you can find an amadeo for under 400 it would be a very good buy.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
Are these the only ones Amadeo ones? Which ones are the black label ones?

Black Wingtip monks are Black label. Low instep. Fit true to size.

csgrad

Reaction score
Any shoe with a black fabric label is black label.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That settles it. No more shoes that carry a Studio line.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the ones that are http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...071K&areaid=36 Same shoe it appears but a different color. I am guessing that is the reason for the markdown. I think SF must have its share of visitors because since being posted a few days ago 3 or 4 sizes have sold out. I was gonna get these and use some brown polishes to maybe make them less red and give them a bit more depth but I've been having second thoughts because I dont know if they are casual enough for me.

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjgold
MAROON? What color is that Cordovan or RED? I want em but can I wear those as conservative business?

I don't think these would be suitable for a business environment.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they had it before today, they also had 9 and 9.5 which are gone now. I guess it's good for me, that way I won't spend another $300 on shoes that I "need".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads