• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Medoc

Reaction score
Awhile back I ordered a pair of the shuttle loomed raw denim in the democratic fit. Initially, they fit my waist great with a little stretch and the legs/cut was pretty spot on. These were my first pair of raws and I foolishly threw them in the dryer not doing enough research on care. I still wear them often though mostly around the house. The waist has stretched to fit me fine but the legs from around the knee down seem to be glued to my leg. It's like drying them forced some minor shrinkage that I can't seem to fix because the lower part of my leg isn't forcing the pants to stretch. They don't look half bad but they are different from before my dryer fiasco. Is there anything I can do (within reason) to expand the lower part of the legs a bit? Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

PS- I'm inexperienced with denim and realize I did something stupid, go easy on me.

magna413

Reaction score
Any chance Taylor stitch puts out Black Friday deals? I get the prices are already priced low for what they provide but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until next week?

bigwhat62

Reaction score
that black watch sold out quick yesterday, i randomly browse the site daily and came across the restock. i sized up on it cause my usual size 42 was sold out. i think the talk has been that they run small, right? if so my 44 should fit perfect.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that black watch sold out quick yesterday, i randomly browse the site daily and came across the restock. i sized up on it cause my usual size 42 was sold out. i think the talk has been that they run small, right? if so my 44 should fit perfect.

its not that they run that much smaller i just prefer to size up as I sometimes wear it over another shirt or thermal. I typically wear 38 and own 1 38 yosemitte and 3 40s if that helps.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
I just received a Jack in Black, which is my first TS shirt. Does anyone have suggestions for care? I assume I should wash cold, hang dry? Any other guidelines, caveats or tips?
@jglenn777 like to hear that you've gotten your first TS shirt & that you're asking good questions.

And as @OmniscientCause wash cold, hang dry, and rock on. You shouldn't run into any issues... it's when they meet their archenemy, the dryer, that some problems can be stirred up

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
Any recommendations for taller guys in the work/utility shirt department? I'm 6'3 so finding non-dress button ups can be tricky, especially ones that are longer in length but still have the slim taper cut to them. I find anything thats shorter than 29-30 inches in length just looks silly on my frame especially since I wear mine untucked, but sizing up to gain the extra length usually equates to sleeves and waist being to long almost like im wearing a hockey jersey lol
@johnnykicks drop us a line at [email protected] and the customer experience team will get back to yah. I'm thinking we can make something work ... just let em know the favorite shirts you own now so we can figure out dimensions of those and match sizes in a similar utility shirt.

mikegnthensome

Reaction score
My charcoal telegraph trousers were delivered today. These were my first TS pants and I'm impressed. I really like the fabric, the yarns are nice and thick and it makes for a very cool texture with the herringbone weave. I wore them for a little bit to make sure I like the fit and they are going to be nice and warm. They are amazingly soft also. I'll need to get them to my tailor to have them hemmed and I'm thinking about having the waist taken in too. The hips and thighs fit me really well but the waist is a bit big on me. I was looking at the stitching and I'm pretty sure they could be taken in fairly easily. Has anyone done that on their telegraph pants before?
@metals37 Any good tailor will easily be able to take in the waist. Just be sure to pick well ;)

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@mikegnthensome as long as your here I ordered a telegraph jacket 6 days ago still not shipped. Are they running behind?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads