• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah not my favourite version of Blackwatch either, but the fabric looks plush!   

@taylorstitch
 - before I grab some black denim, will the Yoshiwa Mills black denim workshop item be available from stock?  If so any timeline?  

Yoshiwa mills denim and jacket will be available on our website next week as Tuesday's release. Keep an eye on your email!

calvane

Reaction score
Dead on @wdahab . It also allows us to adjust if demand is way higher than we expected or allows us to dabble with products we've never done before, and then based on our customers reaction, help lead where production goes in the future (so basically we're going to become just a leather jacket company :p).
The workshop allows us to better align supply and demand as well as build in a little cash buffer as we go into production. In return, it allows us to offer the best prices to our customers who really love a particular product and also participate in the design/production process. Since there is always a 2 week window (and we don't wait till it hits 100% or just cut it off pre-maturely), we can work more efficiently with our factories on submitting orders and making sure items get produced in a timely way.

So, even if funding doesn't hit 100%, we may produce it. But it's not guaranteed. Hope that sheds some light.

Love the idea, I've already gotten the Long Haul Jacket in black denim that should be arriving sometime next month.

Here's a random question: How does TS decide the timing on when these items get released?

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Klemins and @ASpec818, on fit in the arms - the sleeves should be anything but billowy, if we're doing it right. The higher armhole helps give the sleeve a tailored fit. Typically, as long as you're buying the shirt in a size that matches your chest circumference the sleeve should also fit tailored to the arm. If either of you want to talk about sizing, email us at [email protected] or give us a call.

@rusticchasm, last year's Crater shirt was 8 oz cotton flannel with double acorn pockets and horn or cats eye buttons (depending on what color you got). The Moto shirt is a kicked-up version of the Crater shirt: 9 oz cotton flannel with triple needle chain-stitch construction, reinforced side gussets and the collar band extension. The buttons are unbreakable Japanese urea, and the buttons and button holes are lock-stitched. The Crater shirt is burly, but the Moto is next level!

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Love the idea, I've already gotten the Long Haul Jacket in black denim that should be arriving sometime next month.

Here's a random question: How does TS decide the timing on when these items get released?

@calvane, we largely stick to an eight-week production schedule with our factories, but if we know that an item is going to take longer to make, we time the release accordingly. Not all the products we release can be made in eight weeks, so if an item needs extra time, we account for that.

calvane

Reaction score
@calvane , we largely stick to an eight-week production schedule with our factories, but if we know that an item is going to take longer to make, we time the release accordingly. Not all the products we release can be made in eight weeks, so if an item needs extra time, we account for that.
Solid!

I got that Yosemite shirt in Blackwatch sitting in the cart right now... lol.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yoshiwa mills denim and jacket will be available on our website next week as Tuesday's release. Keep an eye on your email!

@taylorstitch Oh wow, awesome. Looks like this is early? Please release a version of the chore pant without panels! I'd love to have a more rugged pant like that that don't look like work/carpenter pants.

jfoonly

Reaction score
I got my sunglasses today after getting the "shipped" email on Monday (edit: USPS 1st class to CO).
They're pretty nice all around if more delicate feeling than I expected.

Last edited:

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Could you guys please consider lengthening the sleeves on your jackets or adding tall sizes?

I'd love to buy that new jean jacket but 36' is just too short from center back. On more inch or so would do it.

cantfade_me

Reaction score
Another suggestion, because I know TS would do it extremely well, lets get some linen/cotton blends for some telegraph pants or even a chino with that sort of blend, esp for that year-round southern california weather

Aksel SB

Reaction score
I've been thinking about a few things as regards to the workshop. It doesn't really work for me, partly that's because things tend to get made too far into the future. This spring it was the swim trunks, and now it's the yosemite. I live in northern europe, and our summer and californias summer are a bit different. Ours isn't that long. So ordering a pair of trunks in may, and them arriving late august wouldn't work, it would mean that id missed two months of a short summer before i get the product. With the yosemite, it'd be great for fall, but in december when it actually drops it'll be in the middle of winter.

It's not that i don't understand why TS uses the workshop, because i do and i can see that it makes a lot of sense for you guys, but it's annoying to me as an end-user. I was disappointing to see that the yosemite was on this model as well, i was hoping that it would go straight to the store. It being a staple of your line and all. Again i get why it's used, as explained earlier in the thread it makes a lot of sense but i just find that it's an inconvenience.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the denim fits? Can you compare to Gustin Slim, N&F Weird Guy?

Trying to decide between slim and democratic I know the returns are free but not with $30/shipping each way and customs. TIA

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the denim fits?  Can you compare to Gustin Slim, N&F Weird Guy?  

Trying to decide between slim and democratic  I know the returns are free but not with $30/shipping each way and customs.  TIA

The slim is pretty similar to weird guy. Those are the only two pairs of jeans I wear and find the Slim TS fits my quads better.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the denim fits?  Can you compare to Gustin Slim, N&F Weird Guy?  

Trying to decide between slim and democratic  I know the returns are free but not with $30/shipping each way and customs.  TIA

I don't own any TS slim fit denim but I do own a pair of the democratic fit, which is definitely looser in the top block. If I were to buy TS denim again i'd likely go with a slim. My G slim fit and N&F WG fit are pretty close. I would compare fit guides from all companies and see which one closely matches your jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads