• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

matt1985

Reaction score
Please no more project jackets...they have canvas in stock and have waxed canvas on the way (maybe it's me but it's just a boring piece IMO). I'd love to see TS's take on another kind of outerwear.

I would love to see some more jackets from you guys, something along the lines of a casual blazer in a herringbone or melton wool possibly? Also have you guys considered doing a take on a pea coat?

Also received my red Yosemite today, holy crap how have I gone so long with out one! Top notch guys, thanks again!

gentfarmer

Reaction score
Sizing. I visited the shop the other day and I thought I would pass on a few thoughts:

I'm 5'10" 190lbs, 43 regular sportcoat, 16.5/34 shirt and 33/34 waist inseam 33.5.

Currently I wear a size 42 shirt in the Twill and chambray Jacks and the solid brushed twill. They fit me perfect and they stay tucked in.

However, the new Hyde brushed flannels (grey gingham and blue gingham) were way to big in the chest and almost a square/full cut to the waist. Maybe an extra inch on each size with what seemed like lower armholes.

Yosemite shirts had a wonderful feel and were very thick but don't think about layering. It fit just like the Jack shirts. Wonderful if worn with a tee shirt or thin long sleeve but, that's about it.

I have previously tried on size 34 Democratic fit chinos but thought the knee down was a little more tapered than I wanted and was hoping the workshop offering would be more generous. Sadly no. I dogged a bullet by waiting. The taper was tight from mid thigh down and I couldn't get close to buttoning a size 33. No 34 available to compare.

I did try on a brown pair of selvedge chinos that at size 34 would have been my goto pair of chinos hands down. Hand feel was soft and supple, nice tight weave, not too thin, not too thick, I'll call it a three season weight. Generous from mid-thigh down and a true straight fit compared to TS democratic fit chinos. Again, it was a the last of its kind and a 33. I would recommend to anyone looking for it that it does have damage/sewing issues on the pocket area that is noticable. Great for a beater pair of pants.

This is not an indictment of TS but just an honest set of observations. I plan on purchasing more from them and I'm proud to say that I support local business, small business and shops that are focused on quality over quantity and the bottom line.

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks gentfarmer for sharing your sizing experience. We're pretty close in the same build for shirts. I just started buying TS shirts and have a 44 red barn shirt which fits well. I bought a 44 sweatshirt and the body and arms were long but fit in shoulders, wash and dry seemed to help. Looking at the Yosemite shirts and a jacket and wavering between 42 and 44. May have to buy to try on and return for another size but appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Last edited:

bigwhat62

Reaction score
i missed out on the moleskin shirt last year but i did buy the pants last year (only in navy last year) and they are amazing. didn skip a beat this morning and ordered both shirts. now to decide if i should buy the khaki colored pants

stevo746

Reaction score
i missed out on the moleskin shirt last year but i did buy the pants last year (only in navy last year) and they are amazing. didn skip a beat this morning and ordered both shirts. now to decide if i should buy the khaki colored pants
Are you referring to the Crater shirts? They're flannel, not moleskin.

bigwhat62

Reaction score

Are you referring to the Crater shirts? They're flannel, not moleskin.

my bad, the shirts are flannel and the pants are moleskin. i knew that but my morning coffee hadnt kicked in when i first posted.

if people are curious about the pants dont hesitate and go buy them. the most comfiest pants i own for the colder months.

oynag

Reaction score
Anyone have insider knowledge about the warehouse sale on Saturday? I'll be in town and wondering if it is worth a trip out Dogpatch way...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads