• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How much shrinkage do you guys see with these shirts?   I just got my first one and thinking I might need to get a size bigger.

You should see no/minimal shrinkage. We prewash and dry all of our fabric then put it back on the roll before we cut it so to reduce this as much as we possibly can. That being said we recommend tumble drying it on low heat or hang drying and washing cold. Best practice for any garment though.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hope not, just had my laundered at the cleaners...... :foo:
Hope it didn't shrink, I haven't even worn my shirt yet, arrived with a stain on it....

What shirt did you get Spencer? Every once in a while something will slip by QC. Happy to replace it or cover your laundering cost. Please just let us know!

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are a bit shorter on the railroad stripes and down to normal sleeve length on the black denim. They were both done in different cuts and we saw samples at different times.

herrmj

Reaction score
Very tempted on the flatout triple needle. If I take a 42 in the casual shirts and would like to wear the flatout over a tshirt, should I size up to the 44 or stay at the 42?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are a bit shorter on the railroad stripes and down to normal sleeve length on the black denim. They were both done in different cuts and we saw samples at different times.

Cool. Confusing because the black denim still has the old pics, which look long of course.

Are you making a blue denim version of the utility shirt with regular arm lengths??

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very tempted on the flatout triple needle. If I take a 42 in the casual shirts and would like to wear the flatout over a tshirt, should I size up to the 44 or stay at the 42?

Personally I found the 44 in the utility shirt to be way too big and stayed with the 42.

jm22

Reaction score
I've never been able to purchase a TS shirt that I wanted, even when attempting to jump on it the day it's released. I get the whole limited runs thing but it's still kind of frustrating.

(And yes, I'm on the email list).

Last edited:

herrmj

Reaction score
Personally I found the 44 in the utility shirt to be way too big and stayed with the 42.
cheers meso, thanks for the advice.
TS + Alden + Whites (looking in the sig) = some good steez
cheers.gif

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I personally would stay at the 42. I'm a true 40 and I go 40 all the way through.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cool. Confusing because the black denim still has the old pics, which look long of course.
Are you making a blue denim version of the utility shirt with regular arm lengths??

If we find more of some lighter weight denim we like. Perpetually on the hunt. Cone doesn't run stuff that light stock. We do have an 7-8 ounce mid blue chambray coming down the pipe.

taylorstitch

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I've never been able to purchase a TS shirt that I wanted, even when attempting to jump on it the day it's released. I get the whole limited runs thing but it's still kind of frustrating.

(And yes, I'm on the email list).

Understood. We are trying to make more and more of the styles. We had purchased this fabric a long time ago and have been waiting to use it. Clearly didn't buy enough of it. I think these shirts will be coming back again so please stay tuned.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Made my first TS purchase, and one for the wife as well. Will thank you all in advance for your return policy as I did buy a 40 and 42 of the black utility shirt with the idea of finding the right size. Appreciate that you make shopping by mail easy for me.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What shirt did you get Spencer? Every once in a while something will slip by QC. Happy to replace it or cover your laundering cost. Please just let us know!

No worries man, I am sure the stain will come out. FWIW, it was a French Blue Chambray in 40.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads