• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ed, if you don't mind me asking, what interests you about twi? It seems to have some Italy exposure, not sure if that is good or bad at this price.

vezatron

Reaction score
TWI is another dog. Major gap down 7 days ago means a lot of resistance. Forming a basing pattern so there is upside potential, but only for short term. This could get quickly overbought. Looks like a better buy closer to 19

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ed, if you don't mind me asking, what interests you about twi? It seems to have some Italy exposure, not sure if that is good or bad at this price.

Fundamentally cheap going forward. Dropped 30-40% from recent 52 week high on missed earnings, but the issues that caused the miss will disappate in the following qtrs (high taxes, drought, union issues). There could be a 10-20% pop simply on a union vote which is coming up next week. Order rates in Europe stabilized (Oct./Nov. were bad) and the street is not expecting anything out of the EU business. So basically, low expectations, conservative mgmt guidance going forward in the face of an improving picture and a low historical valuation. $20.80 was my buy price.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting, having basically written off europe can certainly be helpful in the future as it improves. I have RDS.a and i'm looking forward to an improvement in europe for similar reasons. I believe that combined with one less than stellar 1/4 is causing the depressed price.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where's Javyn?

GLUU is up big on news that they are offering real money gambling (of course they are way down from when he was talking about them).

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Where's Javyn?

GLUU is up big on news that they are offering real money gambling (of course they are way down from when he was talking about them).

I'm here, sold all my GLUU at 5 bucks to pile into AMRN. Actually got lucky, I sold like 1 or 2 days before the drop to ~2 heh. If AMRN does something soon, which I'm hoping it does, looking to reinvest in GLUU as well as throw some money at TOT.

Anyway, all about AMRN these days, don't want to get caught without shares later this year when an announcement on NCE and ANCHOR indications come out.

edit: Related note, what do you think about the Zynga buyout rumors? As an AMRN shareholder, I HATE buyout rumors heh. So many damn Motley Fool and SA articles screaming "buyout imminent" then the stock tanks when it doesn't happen heh.

Last edited:

ac21686

Reaction score
MRN bulls have been consistently wrong since early summer with every one of their predictions. No offense intended but I can't fathom why you're piling into AMRN over all the other biotechs out there. At the very least, the bear case is a lot more convincing whereas the bull case is being built by garbage Seeking Alpha articles, a site that on constant decline for a few years now after they decided to take the route of producing clickbait with ridiculous hyperbole in the titles.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other service members or fed employees here with a TSP account? Am new to investing, would appreciate any advice.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AMRN bulls have been consistently wrong since early summer with every one of their predictions. No offense intended but I can't fathom why you're piling into AMRN over all the other biotechs out there. At the very least, the bear case is a lot more convincing whereas the bull case is being built by garbage Seeking Alpha articles, a site that on constant decline for a few years now after they decided to take the route of producing clickbait with ridiculous hyperbole in the titles.

They have a great drug now in direct competition with Lovaza, and highly likely ANCHOR is approved, which would give it a market 10x larger than Lovaza, that's why. I tend to ignore SA articles, they are just god awful on both long and short sides.

I really dislike the "buyout imminent" pumpers though....and the people worrying/freaking out over the FDA's delay in deciding NCE status. Sales and patents matter, NCE...not so much.

Last edited:

RedLeg

Reaction score
Red, everyone was on your same page yesterday.
I really believe that it's a matter of time. Nothing wrong with rotating a portion of the portfolio into some defensive positions.

How do people feel about gold? I'm tempted to buy some long dated futures.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BSRC had a 40% pop today.

Too bad I owned it at so much more than it is at (although not that much money in total as I bought it a long time ago and there wasn't much to throw in the pot).

Not worth the trading fee to sell (and it is in an IRA so there is no need to offset gains)...but maybe now that they have an actual order in the pipeline, something will happen.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Managed Care Update: VASCEPA
00ae.png
(icosapent ethyl) now available (Tier 2) on Express Scripts, Inc. / MEDCO National Formularies

http://www.alertmarketing.com/email/JHCE/20326_Amarin_Vascepa_PH_EA/print.html

Still don't understand all the AMRN hate....same team who brought Lovaza to market as Reliant before being bought out just gets approved for a better drug with 0 side effects, and so far it's looking good re: ANCHOR indication which would be a market 10x larger than Lovaza's (Lovaza tried and failed to get ANCHOR, they are only approved for MARINE).

Now, first Tier 2 announcement. Sweet. Also wondering if a positive NCE decision will act as a catalyst for a shot squeeze, people seem to be really hung up on it for some reason. Vascepa's patent portfolio is so strong though, it's really kind of silly to worry about NCE.

Who can compete? Lovaza's patent is about to expire and this is a superior drug in every way. Neptune? Please, they are years away from FDA approval, even without the setback of having their production facility explode last November! Merck's Tredaptive niacin debacle? Hah!

I'm sure there are a thousand things that could go wrong, but the risk/reward looks really good at these levels.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene