• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

talk to me about driving shoes

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I like them for driving. I have a few pair but rarely wear them for any purpose other than driving.

Wow! Nice to meet somebody who uses them for their intended purpose.
rimshot.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have two sets of "driving shoes", a Prada and a Tods. i really would like to just keep them in the car and use them the way they are intended. but damn, my life is complicated enough (i.e. i'm too lazy) to change in and out of shoes everytime i get in and out of my car....plus i swap cars with my wife often. cliffs notes: i am too lazy
laugh.gif

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SwedishFish
Reviving this thread to ask about sizing for driving mocs. I am thinking of getting a pair of suede ones for casual wear this summer. If one intends to wear them without socks, should one size down .5? I'd appreciate your input/experiences. Thanks.
I bought mine in the size I usually wear dress shoes (12) and they're a bit too large. I really wish I had gone at least a half size smaller.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in getting a pair of two for this summer. Definitely a pair in a brown (suede most likely) and maybe another lighter. I saw an ad recently, may have been for Sperry, showing a pair that was white or off-white with what looked like a navy blue band across the top. Anyone seen or have any experience with those?

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anon
I bought mine in the size I usually wear dress shoes (12) and they're a bit too large. I really wish I had gone at least a half size smaller.
That's what I figured--thanks for the input.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Serious question......So those of you who have driving shoes, Do you seriously change in and out of them everytime you get in and out of the car. I can see like the one poster said when your shoes are wet and you don't want them under the heat, but do you get in and out of your dress shoes into the driving ones on a daily basis? Do you keep them in the trunk or something?

TasselsHongKong

Reaction score
I have not heard of anybody changing in and out of their driving shoes everytime they get in and out of the car. I certainly don't.

With regards to your shoes getting wet, you should stuff them with newspaper, rest them on their side and let them dry naturally and not under a heater/blow dryer etc... That way, you prevent the leather from cracking.

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk
Serious question......So those of you who have driving shoes, Do you seriously change in and out of them everytime you get in and out of the car. I can see like the one poster said when your shoes are wet and you don't want them under the heat, but do you get in and out of your dress shoes into the driving ones on a daily basis? Do you keep them in the trunk or something?
I wear mine like any other shoe.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving shoes are made for drunken sunday summer brunches at your local hotspots. Bonus points if you valet park your porsche and wear sunglasses the whole time. Double points if your girlfriend/wife does the same. +30% if she has fake ****. Also bonus points for excessive chest hair. All of you city people know exactly what I'm talking about.

All that said, I love driving mocs!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads