• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lots of talk about Armani and Jil Sander when it comes to pooling, but little about Ricky from Trailer Park Boys (a style icon)

5c5361bf905d2ae8f9917713e32428f9.jpeg

true.to.size

Reaction score
From my memory of wearing wider pants with breaks/pools as a 90s youth, they always seemed to quickly fray at the back hem, which scraped against the ground. I like a clean break for the longevity of the pants alone.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bent Van Looy works some pretty conventional CM-flavored stuff (I think he uses some local tailor) into more relaxed outfits pretty organically.

It's certainly a fine line from this to just sloppy CM/CM casual but I think it falls on the good side here (especially the first two) though it's very possible it's entirely down to the wearer/context. Still, undeniable comfyness.

osfijosfdij.jpg

zêêkezpokez.jpg

hsfdihsdi.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bent Van Looy works some pretty conventional CM-flavored stuff (I think he uses some local tailor) into more relaxed outfits pretty organically.

It's certainly a fine line from this to just sloppy CM/CM casual but I think it falls on the good side here (especially the first two) though it's very possible it's entirely down to the wearer/context. Still, undeniable comfyness.

I'm on the edge about these. A lot of it (and let's face it, a lot of what we like in menswear in general) has to do with photography / scene-setting. Photographed differently I suspect he'd just look like an alcoholic office worker who'd woken up in the local park after a night he couldn't remember. But somehow I still like the sense he gives out that he doesn't give a **** (when in fact, he clearly does).

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sure, tenuous stuff. Still, something appealing about trying to walk that tightrope (and basking in the ambiguity/failure of the end result)

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the sense he gives out that he doesn't give a **** (when in fact, he clearly does).
Perfect. That' is about as good a distillation of the razors edge of cool as one could get. Also, a beer sipping friendly set-up wearing bro (but not looking like half-drunk office guy after sleeping in a park) might be the vibe shift for me this year.

krudsma

Reaction score

View attachment 1767602

View attachment 1767601

View attachment 1767603

I like that first one a lot. I feel like when you compare the first pic and third pic you can see the importance of the shoulder. The first pic has an extended shoulder which makes it feel like a cohesive, slouchy fit; the silhouette in the third pic feels off (even though the jacket fits him well). It looks like he's trying to dress down the jacket he got at SuitSupply.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sipang how do you feel about "big pants" on shorter (but not necessarily skinny) dudes

I don't really think height matters. I'm guessing Alan See and the Beams guy are not that tall and it seems to work for them. From anecdotal instagram evidence, the most ardent champions of that look are in fact overwhelmingly Japanese too.
I don't really get this 'not flattering' nonsense tbh (then again I think a good chunk of good CM fits crash and burn from the knees down so we're maybe charting heterodox waters here).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably just have to get used to it, think a decent chunk of my suit pants are still 8.25 in leg opening (for EU46 would think mainstream today is like 7 to 7.5in) might still have a few at 8.5in, not big pants but definitely a lot more than mainstream today (and I’m 5’7”).

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah 8.25 for a 46 doesn't seem that slim to me.
I think I might have a slightly generous notion of what big pants are, I doesn't even have to be absolutely massive (even though I do like my 90s skateboarder nostalgia) but as you say, the pendulum has swung so far the tight and cropped way that even a very user-friendly straight leg seems big nowadays. Big pants is a big tent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads