• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swaine Adeney Brigg carry-on

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this bag to use for shorter trips (it's really nice in black canvas with black leather trimmings).

Ideally it should pass as a carry-on piece, conforming to the restrictions mentioned here.

Have any of you had problems with airlines not accepting what you thought to be legitimately sized carry-on pieces?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't be silly.

With a bag this cool and this high-class, why fly commericial airlines at all and deal with all that TSA crap and regulations? That's for the common people/losers.

People like you who carry the Briggs bag (and make sure you are wearing your Hermes H belt too, certainly casually with a great pair of jeans like Sevens) should only fly in your own jet. Alternativley, try one of those fractional ownership programs like NetJet.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Don't be silly. With a bag this cool and this high-class, why fly commericial airlines at all and deal with all that TSA crap and regulations? That's for the common people/losers. People like you who carry the Briggs bag (and make sure you are wearing your Hermes H belt too, certainly casually with a great pair of jeans like Sevens) should only fly in your own jet. Alternativley, try one of those fractional ownership programs like NetJet.
I have a feeling I missed an important thread. The bag looks nice, like some dunhill bags i saw. But 3 things strike me about that 1) It's friggin' expensive. 2) Being beige coloured, it will get dirty and ugly fast when you put it down wherever you go like on the floor at the airport. 3) It has no wheels. Do you really want to lug that thing everywhere with you in the airport when it's full and you're tired? I took a duffle bag once instead of a rolling carry-on suitcase... never again. But if the netjets thing pans out, who the **** cares, it's just servants who will carry it anyways.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I have a feeling I missed an important thread.

The bag looks nice, like some dunhill bags i saw. But 3 things strike me about that

1) It's friggin' expensive.
2) Being beige coloured, it will get dirty and ugly fast when you put it down wherever you go like on the floor at the airport.
3) It has no wheels. Do you really want to lug that thing everywhere with you in the airport when it's full and you're tired? I took a duffle bag once instead of a rolling carry-on suitcase... never again.

I was planning on the black one, not the one pictured. Good point about the lack of wheels.

I believe it's the same size as the all-leather bags discussed here. Maybe the owners of those could chime in about their carry-on usefulness?

Smahatma

Reaction score
What type of aircrafts do you normally fly? There may be some quarks in regards to fitment of carry-alls in overhead bins depending on the type of aircraft. I can chime in to my specific experiences flying about 75k primarily domestic miles a year aboard american airlines MD80's and 737s (usually first class, but sometimes coach) if the information would be relevant and/or useful to you.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
What type of aircrafts do you normally fly?
I don't know that I fly any specific type of aircraft more than any other, but thanks for the offer.

The specific bag in question aside; have any of you been forced to check in your carry-on due to size or weight issues?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads