• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs? Or should I return both of them?
Thanks a lot in advance.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs? Or should I return both of them?
Thanks a lot in advance.

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5202-1.jpg

Personally I kinda like the aviators, maybe try some that are not quite as "tall" in the lenses...I like the round shape though, seems to suit your more rounded face shape.

I think the Wayfarers might be a little too angular for your face.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Personally I kinda like the aviators, maybe try some that are not quite as "tall" in the lenses...I like the round shape though, seems to suit your more rounded face shape.

I think the Wayfarers might be a little too angular for your face.

Thanks a lot.
I have this paranoid idea that shades should cover my eyebrows and that's why I chose this "tall" pair.
BTW, I always thought I should choose angular frames to counteract my rounded face.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
I have this paranoid idea that shades should cover my eyebrows and that's why I chose this "tall" pair.
BTW, I always thought I should choose angular frames to counteract my rounded face.

I might be recalling it wrong, but I thought the opposite (ie, round face = round frames). Let me check, some of the sunglass websites have those guidelines. Which do you feel more comfortable in? Regarding eyebrows, I remember reading on here how the top of the lense should match the curvature of your eyebrows: if you have flat eyebrows, get sunglasses with a flat topline, etc..

Here's a fit guide from a respected brand: http://www.saltoptics.com/fit-guide.php

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
I might be recalling it wrong, but I thought the opposite (ie, round face = round frames). Let me check, some of the sunglass websites have those guidelines. Which do you feel more comfortable in? Regarding eyebrows, I remember reading on here how the top of the lense should match the curvature of your eyebrows: if you have flat eyebrows, get sunglasses with a flat topline, etc.. Here's a fit guide from a respected brand: http://www.saltoptics.com/fit-guide.php
I'll definitely check the guideline. Grrr, there's so much to learn for a newbie like me. I'm not really a sunglasses guy and just get started. So, I don't feel quite comfortable with either because of my self-consciousness ,lol. Comfort-wise, I like the wayfarers more since its more substantial crutch fits my lineament better(low nose bridge). EDIT: I used to have this pair, but the leg was broken. Hateful.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Which brand/model are these? Does anybody know of a plastic framesd Persol model that are more square frame than rounded?
Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs? Or should I return both of them? Thanks a lot in advance.
IMG_5212-1.jpg
IMG_5201-1-1.jpg

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Which brand/model are these?

Does anybody know of a plastic framesd Persol model that are more square frame than rounded?

I think the ones pictured say Polo on the lense. As far as Persols...aren't they all square plastic frames?

evilbananas

Reaction score
I'll definitely check the guideline.
Grrr, there's so much to learn for a newbie like me. I'm not really a sunglasses guy and just get started. So, I don't feel quite comfortable with either because of my self-consciousness ,lol.
Comfort-wise, I like the wayfarers more since its more substantial crutch fits my lineament better(low nose bridge).

EDIT: I used to have this pair, but the leg was broken. Hateful.
IMG_3165.jpg

It may just be me, but it looks like all the sunglasses you have tried on are not wide enough for your face.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Guess it's just me, but I think it is odd when the eyebrows are completely covered by a pair of shades.

ADDIC

Reaction score
out of these Persol sunglasses, which have the smallest frame? im not sure if they do or not, but do the last two digits have something to do with size?

po2786s__95_58.jpg

persol-2720S-sunglasses-24-31.jpg

Persol.2747.10201.jpg

persol-2737S-sunglasses-95-48.jpg
(if I can find a pair)

im getting confused because some websites say one particular pair is this size but then another site says they are other sizes.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Persol and Ray Ban frequently make the same model in two sizes, a small one and a large one. Off my head, I know there are two sizes available for the 2720. I would assume the same for the others.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Oakley Hijynx shades with treated lenses so you are still able to see vibrant colour despite the tint. Really nice shades, I've had them for a good 2 years now and I have gone in salt water in them and there is no colour loss thus far. Another great thing about them is that they come with a pouch than can be used as a cleaning cloth.

Watch out for fakes. Real ones are made in the U.S.

Also guys I'm looking for a pair of casual shades, something that isn't sporty. Wayfarers or the Oakley counter part(forget the name :p)?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AsleyJaron