Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mslam02

mslam02 New Member

2. twylo

twylo Well-Known Member

What is everyone's opinion on Rayban Aviators for this summer? I've always really liked them, and would like to invest in a good pair this summer. From what I've researched the best model seems to be the 3025. Also, is having mirrored aviators going a little overboard, or should I stick to a an all black or just regular look?

[​IMG]

3. Vagran7

Vagran7 Well-Known Member

I am looking to get a pair of American Optical aviators. I was wondering if there was any advice for sizing, as I am deciding between 52 and 55 mm?

4. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I am looking to get a pair of American Optical aviators. I was wondering if there was any advice for sizing, as I am deciding between 52 and 55 mm?

I usually wear around a 55 lens in other brands (persol, ray ban caravans) and wear a 52mm in AO. The bridge is 20 mm which is usually 5mm more than other brands.

5. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

What is everyone's opinion on Rayban Aviators for this summer? I've always really liked them, and would like to invest in a good pair this summer. From what I've researched the best model seems to be the 3025. Also, is having mirrored aviators going a little overboard, or should I stick to a an all black or just regular look?

[​IMG]

Look at the Cockpit for a different look. And for the classic aviators, I always like the gold/green combo.

6. CrocsRock

CrocsRock Senior member

nt

7. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Senior member

So... I'm thinking these are slightly too small. These are 140mm (5.5 inches) across with 57mm lenses. Should return them and size up to the large size (152mm or 6.0 inches across, with 61mm lenses)? Or are they fine?

they do look a bit small

8. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

So... I'm thinking these are slightly too small. These are 140mm (5.5 inches) across with 57mm lenses. Should return them and size up to the large size (152mm or 6.0 inches across, with 61mm lenses)? Or are they fine?

The problem with getting a larger pair will be that your eyes will look inset. The bridge is fairly wide so a bigger lens will make your eyes look even more inset.

9. kemilkman

kemilkman New Member

Can anyone help me identify these sunglasses? Been trying to figure it out on my own, but haven't had any luck. Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

10. ma1

ma1 Senior member

[​IMG]

do something about your face first

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Thinking about these Bottega Venetas. [​IMG]

12. capa

capa Senior member

I really want a pair of these Moscots. I don't want to order them until I can try them on so I guess I have to wait til I make it back to NYC. [​IMG]

13. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Can anyone help me identify these sunglasses? Been trying to figure it out on my own, but haven't had any luck. Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

Definitely Barton Perreira. They look like ones Vinnie Chase wore last season on Entourage.

14. scb

scb Senior member

looks like Barton Perreira Stirling

15. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

looks like Barton Perreira Stirling

This.