Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs? Or should I return both of them?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

2. longskate88

longskate88 Senior member

Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs? Or should I return both of them?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally I kinda like the aviators, maybe try some that are not quite as "tall" in the lenses...I like the round shape though, seems to suit your more rounded face shape.

I think the Wayfarers might be a little too angular for your face.

3. chenzhongbi

Personally I kinda like the aviators, maybe try some that are not quite as "tall" in the lenses...I like the round shape though, seems to suit your more rounded face shape.

I think the Wayfarers might be a little too angular for your face.

Thanks a lot.
    I have this paranoid idea that shades should cover my eyebrows and that's why I chose this "tall" pair.
    BTW, I always thought I should choose angular frames to counteract my rounded face.

4. longskate88

Thanks a lot.
    I have this paranoid idea that shades should cover my eyebrows and that's why I chose this "tall" pair.
    BTW, I always thought I should choose angular frames to counteract my rounded face.

I might be recalling it wrong, but I thought the opposite (ie, round face = round frames). Let me check, some of the sunglass websites have those guidelines. Which do you feel more comfortable in? Regarding eyebrows, I remember reading on here how the top of the lense should match the curvature of your eyebrows: if you have flat eyebrows, get sunglasses with a flat topline, etc..

Here's a fit guide from a respected brand: http://www.saltoptics.com/fit-guide.php

5. chenzhongbi

I might be recalling it wrong, but I thought the opposite (ie, round face = round frames). Let me check, some of the sunglass websites have those guidelines. Which do you feel more comfortable in? Regarding eyebrows, I remember reading on here how the top of the lense should match the curvature of your eyebrows: if you have flat eyebrows, get sunglasses with a flat topline, etc.. Here's a fit guide from a respected brand: http://www.saltoptics.com/fit-guide.php
    I'll definitely check the guideline. Grrr, there's so much to learn for a newbie like me. I'm not really a sunglasses guy and just get started. So, I don't feel quite comfortable with either because of my self-consciousness ,lol. Comfort-wise, I like the wayfarers more since its more substantial crutch fits my lineament better(low nose bridge). EDIT: I used to have this pair, but the leg was broken. Hateful.

6. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Which brand/model are these? Does anybody know of a plastic framesd Persol model that are more square frame than rounded?
    Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs? Or should I return both of them? Thanks a lot in advance. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. longskate88

Which brand/model are these?

Does anybody know of a plastic framesd Persol model that are more square frame than rounded?

I think the ones pictured say Polo on the lense. As far as Persols...aren't they all square plastic frames?

8. evilbananas

evilbananas Senior member

I'll definitely check the guideline.
    Grrr, there's so much to learn for a newbie like me. I'm not really a sunglasses guy and just get started. So, I don't feel quite comfortable with either because of my self-consciousness ,lol.
    Comfort-wise, I like the wayfarers more since its more substantial crutch fits my lineament better(low nose bridge).

EDIT: I used to have this pair, but the leg was broken. Hateful.
    [​IMG]

It may just be me, but it looks like all the sunglasses you have tried on are not wide enough for your face.

9. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Can anyone help me pick one of these two pairs?

Aviators.

10. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Guess it's just me, but I think it is odd when the eyebrows are completely covered by a pair of shades.

11. ADDIC

ADDIC Well-Known Member

out of these Persol sunglasses, which have the smallest frame? im not sure if they do or not, but do the last two digits have something to do with size?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (if I can find a pair)

im getting confused because some websites say one particular pair is this size but then another site says they are other sizes.

12. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Persol and Ray Ban frequently make the same model in two sizes, a small one and a large one. Off my head, I know there are two sizes available for the 2720. I would assume the same for the others.

13. Allexx10x

Allexx10x New Member

Any Alexander McQueen fans? [​IMG] Can you help me find this model? [​IMG]

14. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

I have a pair of Oakley Hijynx shades with treated lenses so you are still able to see vibrant colour despite the tint. Really nice shades, I've had them for a good 2 years now and I have gone in salt water in them and there is no colour loss thus far. Another great thing about them is that they come with a pouch than can be used as a cleaning cloth.

Watch out for fakes. Real ones are made in the U.S.

Also guys I'm looking for a pair of casual shades, something that isn't sporty. Wayfarers or the Oakley counter part(forget the name :p)?

15. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Oakley Frogskins are the Wayfarer counterpart.