• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Dirk

Reaction score
Fit is perf, dude. Really love the guncheck pattern on that suit. Wide lapels are right on.
Thanks, man! This is definitely my favorite fit from suitsupply. I wish they'd add the wide lapel as an option for the MTO program they have. I'd just order all suits that way, if they did.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man! This is definitely my favorite fit from suitsupply. I wish they'd add the wide lapel as an option for the MTO program they have. I'd just order all suits that way, if they did.

What fit is it?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me they look too wide. It might be okay if the gorge was lowered, but at the standard SuSu height it just looks too fashion-y. But to each his own. It is a nice suit otherwise.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with suitsupply socks? Thinking of picking up a pair. How is the quality? Do they have a good height or stay just above your ankles? Do they stay up?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with suitsupply socks? Thinking of picking up a pair. How is the quality? Do they have a good height or stay just above your ankles? Do they stay up?

I have some pairs from them. I don’t like that the toe seam is a bit noticeable, if you don’t have problem with that you’re good. I have the ones that are OTC and they hold up well but after some wears they start falling. I have Viccel socks and they never come down, the toe seam is not existent since it’s attached by hand and if I’m not mistaken, they are cheaper than SS socks.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up returning my MTM suit. Further alteration just wasn't worth the effort and cost. Strike three, you're out, SuitSupply. They were pretty good about it, though - no questions asked.

In other news, my brown flannel custom Lazio came back and it is very nice. The jacket was perfect. The trousers required taking in at the waist and shortening. While not strictly high rise, the Washington trousers have a higher rise than the standard Lazio at least. I was also able to size up to a 52L so it drapes much better.

While I cannot recommend the MTM programme, I can recommend the custom made programme. I actuallly ended up ordering two additional custom suits with the money from the MTM suit. The manager was kind enough to take off the difference in price (€120) for my trouble. So all's well that ends well.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of trousers, I thought I would try on a few things while I was there and was pleasantly surprised by the new Braddon fit. It has a relatively high rise (similar to the Washington) and a bit more room in the thigh. The design is really nice too. I ended up buying a pair:

View attachment 1055142
I wanted to get it in brown, which has a slightly less bold houndstooth, but it was in the Brentwood fit, which is absolutely dreadful. I was also impressed by the speed at which they did the alterations, it must have taken max 30 minutes. That's a first.

I'll try to take a photo within the next few days.

@Michael81: this new fit looks promising; any chance you can share some pics?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The long-awaited Braddon photos:

1420061.jpg
1420072.jpg

And my new custom-made brown flannel Lazio:
1420088.jpg
1420098.jpg

It's worth it just for the added drape in the trousers.

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. The silhouette is not quite as nice as the Washington's but it's close enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads