• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Anyone tried their knitwear? Interested in one of their shawl cardigans from this season (I believe they came in burgundy, olive and navy) but would like to know how thick / what gauge they are and how they hold up over time. I believe the material is merino wool.

the green and burgundy:

green was a good shade, slightly more military green than the forest green i wanted.

burgundy was a bit more reddish and less merlot than i wanted.

gauge was close knit. weight was good, just enough for winter but may be wearable for parts of fall/spring. hand feel and quality were good (bit of cashmere in there). because i live in CA, couldn't get over the colors, and it was just a bit too expensive for me i ended up returning both.

for the navy:

despite the lack of cashmere it actually felt more luxurious than the above two. it was also quite a bit heavier (in a good way), would keep you really warm. was not a fan of the pattern (fair isle?) so ended up returning it. would have kept it if the pattern were less flashy.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the green and burgundy:

green was a good shade, slightly more military green than the forest green i wanted.

burgundy was a bit more reddish and less merlot than i wanted.

gauge was close knit.  weight was good, just enough for winter but may be wearable for parts of fall/spring.  hand feel and quality were good (bit of cashmere in there).  because i live in CA, couldn't get over the colors, and it was just a bit too expensive for me i ended up returning both.

for the navy:

despite the lack of cashmere it actually felt more luxurious than the above two.  it was also quite a bit heavier (in a good way), would keep you really warm.  was not a fan of the pattern (fair isle?) so ended up returning it.  would have kept it if the pattern were less flashy. 

Thanks, I ordered the navy based off of your review. I was looking for something chunky and the pictures made it look like a lightweight knit, good to hear otherwise. Do you happen to have any other knits from them? I'm wondering how the merino wool will hold up over time with regards to keeping its shape, pilling, etc.

professorclee

Reaction score
Last edited:

h3ro

Reaction score
I'd like one of the old wool Soho fits to be available this outlet.

Anyone else have items their keeping an eye out for?

professorclee

Reaction score
I'd like one of the old wool Soho fits to be available this outlet.

Anyone else have items their keeping an eye out for?

There's an old loose-weave blue Havana jacket that I used to have from last summer's collection, which somebody stole from me at the airport. I'm hoping it will return in the outlet.

h3ro

Reaction score
There's an old loose-weave blue Havana jacket that I used to have from last summer's collection, which somebody stole from me at the airport. I'm hoping it will return in the outlet.
Sorry to hear that! Can't imagine how frustrating that must have been. Regarding that jacket, agreed! I liked the loose weave and unlined look of that Havana. Great with some light colored/cream chinos.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been invited to a june wedding in jersey and I was looking for some advice. I've been wanting to get a suit or 2 from suitsupply and I figured I should make 1 of these usable for this occasion. I have a few other suits but I'm looking to make a jump in quality from what I've been wearing. The wedding is outdoors and I'm wondering if a linen suit would be appropriate. I was told the dress code is suit all the way to khakis and a OCBD. While khakis with a blazer is an option I'd rather wear a suit. Given that it is outside would a light blue linen or lazio blue linen work? I think there was at one point a light blue jort but I can't remember. Additionally how does the linen hold up for anyone that knows? Thanks in advance for your input!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads