• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ImJK

Reaction score
Really disappointed to hear that they are going down in quality... Suit supply was the top contender for my new suit as I am looking for one under $500 that has moderate lapels like the London fit. I am a tall and slim guy and thought that it might be a good fit, was planning on making a trip into NYC soon.

I may still go for it if it's a good fit though, does anyone know if they ever have any sales? I do not see any information about it on their website. Also if you anyone could recommend some similar suits in the price range, that would be great.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to write off the whole company because a few one off casual jackets are not 100% wool or cotton. I don't think the majority of SF is buying the Copenhagen anyway, we all seem to be Napoli, Sienna, London, Lazio, and Soho people.

lierre

Reaction score
What about the new suits that say "Pure Wool" but don't have a number like 110/120/130 next to them? ls that a bad sign as well?

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty disappointed in the blazer price.

Also, is it common practice to bill you for something before actually shipping it out?

Really?

I don't know of a single merchant who doesn't bill you immediately.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about the new suits that say "Pure Wool" but don't have a number like 110/120/130 next to them? ls that a bad sign as well?

There are plenty of things made of different wools that aren't Super 110's etc.

In fact, those Supers break down faster so if you're looking for a suit or jacket to wear a lot you don't want to look at those.

Last edited:

ABCXYZ

Reaction score
Let's not get carried away. I just bought one from their Brussels store, and the wool is still Guabello wool and it was 299 Euros. I'll reserve judgement until I can see most of the F/W line in person, and examine the materials tag.

Last edited:

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Let's not get carried away. I just bought one from their Brussels store, and the wool is still Guabello wool and it was 299 Euros. I'll reserve judgement until I can see most of the F/W line in person, and examine the materials tag.
A bit of overreaction in this thread, I agree. Lots of reputable retailers sell tailored clothing with synthetics i.e. Brooks Brothers.

Stix

Reaction score
Greetings, gentlemen.
I recently ordered a suit for an upcoming event. The model is the Lazio wool/mohair (I live above the Arctic circle), and I ordered it in both 46 and 48 to pick the one that fit me the best.
Now, the 46 is the one that feels like it fits the best. The length of the sleeves and jacket feel okay, the upper waist fits close to the body without any pulling on the button or at the back. The pants for the 46 are a bit the tight side, but okay (as I understand from reading previous posts here I can just have a tailor let the waistband out to fix this). While the fit of the shoulders feel right, I'm just concerned that they're just too narrow.
The 48 is in comparison longer in both the sleeves and jacket, and the body and shoulders are wider. The pants has a more comfortable fith though.
The 46 is the one I'm leaning towards, so is it the right fit? The 48 would need probably need a few alterations if I were to keep it. I'm fairly new in the game and thought I'd just ask. Any help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stix.

Size 46 below.

Size 46 below:

Size 48 below:

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oops i should've clarified, i was firing off my response as i was angrily dealing with the customer service dept.

what i meant to say was that is it normal to bill you immediately for a pre-order item rather than "holding" it?

so i noticed that when I purchase something at other stores, it'll just take a spot up on my credit line and then i'm obligated to pay for it only when it's ready to ship/shipped to me

bearsfan172

Reaction score

oops i should've clarified, i was firing off my response as i was angrily dealing with the customer service dept.

what i meant to say was that is it normal to bill you immediately for a pre-order item rather than "holding" it?

so i noticed that when I purchase something at other stores, it'll just take a spot up on my credit line and then i'm obligated to pay for it only when it's ready to ship/shipped to me

Eh in my experience (in general) it could go either way with this. It can be a bit of a pain when you are managing your finances (especially if you return it long after you originally ordered it), but I wouldn't consider this to be a significant issue

WorldWideWafflz

Reaction score
I'm not going to write off the whole company because a few one off casual jackets are not 100% wool or cotton. I don't think the majority of SF is buying the Copenhagen anyway, we all seem to be Napoli, Sienna, London, Lazio, and Soho people.
Seconded. Reading back over posts from ways back, Suitsupply has used synthetics before and will no doubt continue to do so. I seem to recall (but don't quote me direct) that one guy ordered a jacket that was advertised as wool only but was in fact a poly blend, that's far more egregious that claiming a blend up front and it happened many collections back at this point. So I'm not going to buy anything "wool blend," but that doesn't mean I'm going to avoid everything the brand does as long as they continue to deliver good cuts, stylish detailing and fabrics, and decent value for money. Maybe the quality is declining and in a few years they'll be **** but for the time being there are some pieces in this latest collection that I'm eyeing with eagerness and I have no reason to believe they'll be any different than my other purchases. Many lower cost brands seem to end up using synthetics for winter fabrics. I'm less upset with the small number of blends in the collection than I am pleased with the abundance of pieces I like that are natural fibers only.

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of overreaction in this thread, I agree. Lots of reputable retailers sell tailored clothing with synthetics i.e. Brooks Brothers.
These days, I wouldn't call Brooks Brothers "reputable," but that's just me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads