• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
Honestly, for the price of an outlet item, Suitsupply is pretty great. The question is, will there still be outlets going forward or are we done for now. There's always eBay and our incomparable reseller who does come up with a lot of one-off pieces, samples, or never released items.

RFX35

Reaction score
Honestly, for the price of an outlet item, Suitsupply is pretty great. The question is, will there still be outlets going forward or are we done for now. There's always eBay and our incomparable reseller who does come up with a lot of one-off pieces, samples, or never released items.

I have heard about "our reseller" in this thread many times but I did not look into his offerings until just now. I am glad you mentioned him because he has some pieces that I am interested in. The only downside for me in the US is the international shipping which may take longer.

The website says 10 calendar days but can any Americans speak to how long it took to receive their order? I am mainly asking because I'll be away for the holidays so I want to time any orders accordingly.

nttdocomo

Reaction score
The prices are not quite "peak outlet" but they're decent. However, I am in a very rare size for anything usable, so I check his wares continually. Seems to be a decent chap. No idea on US shipping times.

pomor

Reaction score
I have heard about "our reseller" in this thread many times but I did not look into his offerings until just now. I am glad you mentioned him because he has some pieces that I am interested in. The only downside for me in the US is the international shipping which may take longer.

The website says 10 calendar days but can any Americans speak to how long it took to receive their order? I am mainly asking because I'll be away for the holidays so I want to time any orders accordingly.

He ships from Europe, and I have made several purchases with varying shipping times - sometimes it was the full 10 days or thereabouts or much faster. It depends on the season and then Covid threw another wrench into this so YMMV. He is a very decent guy who started on eBay and was always always great there.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
I’m in the U.S.A. I bought several pieces from “the reseller” and they usually arrive in less than a week. He offers 2-day shipping also, but it’s not necessary because the shipping is relatively fast.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
He ships from Europe,

Is this the guy from Lithuania? If so, I always filter out his search results on Ebay.........Seems shady to me - he always has many "Suitsupply" products at relative bargains.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Is this the guy from Lithuania? If so, I always filter out his search results on Ebay.........Seems shady to me - he always has many "Suitsupply" products at relative bargains.

It’s not the Lithuania reseller. I’ve bought from the Lithuania reseller on eBay. The Lithuania reseller often does not carry full suits, and some of his new with tags merchandise has already been tailored, so you have to pay attention to the measurements. The Suitreview “reseller”, however, offers past, current, and one-of-a-kind sample Suitsupply items at discounted prices. Nothing shady about it. Suitsupply executives knows who he is and I know several Suitsupply employees who shop on his Suitreview.net website. Throughout the years, I’ve gotten from him several one-of-a-kind pieces and sold out items that were on my wish list.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite emerald green suit (DB SuSu Havana) ripped at the crotch.

i found a fabric from Lanieri that is the same fabric code barring one numbe 504.901/541 instead of 504.801/541 and ordered a swatch.

i think they look the same, any thoughts?

D56534F3-9FC4-45BF-A26E-2B6995BDD1F8.jpeg

porscheguy

Reaction score
My favorite emerald green suit (DB SuSu Havana) ripped at the crotch.

i found a fabric from Lanieri that is the same fabric code barring one numbe 504.901/541 instead of 504.801/541 and ordered a swatch.

i think they look the same, any thoughts?

View attachment 1722440
Did it tear at the seam? If at the seam, you can take it into the store and they’ll probably repair it quickly at no cost. They did it for me.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did it tear at the seam? If at the seam, you can take it into the store and they’ll probably repair it quickly at no cost. They did it for me.
I’m not making anything at Suitsupply again but thanks. I went to the store in Stockholm when it happened just before I moved to Italy and they told me it could not be repair and they don't have this fabric anymore to make a custom one.

AFE7FD36-0044-4F97-8CF5-4BCF91E1C29D.jpeg
It’s ruined. For 30-40 wears in 3 years it’s a bit disappointing.

But I think the VBC one I found is 99.9% the same so I can make a higher waisted MTM one.

pomor

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the usefulness and warmth factor of SS's padded down vests? More specifically, the slimmer looking ones that can be worn under a suit jacket? They have a 90% down 10% feathers content and a polyester outer which means they can be laundered easily. I have an older version which is a much beefier vest but these look a lot slimmer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads