• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sansimeon

Reaction score
I'm 6'2", 190lbs. This is a mid grey Washington 42R. View attachment 1520815

Looks good! Surprised you don’t need a long size. I’m the same length and wear a 40l but the sleeves are still too short.

edit: trouser fit looks unusually good for being Suitsupply. Rarely see a clean inner thigh fit like that.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Looks good! Surprised you don’t need a long size. I’m the same length and wear a 40l but the sleeves are still too short.

edit: trouser fit looks unusually good for being Suitsupply. Rarely see a clean inner thigh fit like that.

Thanks man for the compliment. They had to let the sleeves out. The SA said I would have to go L in any other suit style because Washington has their longest sleeve length. There wouldn't be enough material to elongate the sleeves in any other style.

Funny, when I tried on the 42L in the other styles the sleeves were fine but the jacket length was too long. If I get another suit from them I'm going to try the custom option and try to get a Havana patch pocket jacket to work with Washington pants for a more casual feel.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that same Washington (old photo). I don't wear it much because A) I dislike the lapels and ticket pocket and B) I'm in sweatpants pretty much all the time these days.

1020091.jpg

I'll replace it with a custom made when I get the vaccine. Also 6'2, but narrower in the shoulder. I'm a 48L but took the 50L for added length, better button stance and room in the thighs. Had to tailor the bejesus out of it.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that same Washington (old photo). I don't wear it much because A) I dislike the lapels and ticket pocket and B) I'm in sweatpants pretty much all the time these days.

View attachment 1521179

I'll replace it with a custom made when I get the vaccine. Also 6'2, but narrower in the shoulder. I'm a 48L but took the 50L for added length, better button stance and room in the thighs. Had to tailor the bejesus out of it.
Those lapels look much better than the regular Washington. Is the gorge somewhat lower? The one thing that I HATE with the peak lapel is the angle and position of the button hole on the lapel. Other than that, this suit is cool!

Jazzthief

Reaction score

View attachment 1521179

Those lapels do look pretty good in my opinion - the gorge does seem somewhat lower. The 2.5 buttoning on Suitsupply does look naff though no matter the cut or lapel. I think this jacket would definitely look better as a regular two button. What exactly do you dislike about these lapels?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Zerase @Jazzthief The suit is from 2017, so it might be they have modified the lapels since then. They do seem a bit lower, but that could also be the angle of the OP's photo.

Generally speaking I don't like peak lapels on a single breasted, non tuxedo suit. I got this suit because of the favourable proportions (much better than SuSu's other fits, in my opinion). The trade-off was the lapels, ticket pocket and 2.5 roll (which I also dislike, but it's not a deal breaker). But it's all just a bit much for a business suit. I'll replace it with the notch lapel version.

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a whopping 10 suits to the tailor today. I am so excited to finally wear some of the suits I bought in early 2020, haha! She said it would take until February to get all of them done, so we decided that should would do the 5 winter suits first and then she would do the summer suits later so I could wear the winter ones before spring rolls around.

She really liked the fabric on the purple wool/cashmere Havana from last winter. I didn’t really pay much attention to the way it felt until she mentioned it today. The fabric is so soft.

Oddly enough, I got an email saying that an item I had orders was out of stock and I would be getting a refund. I got all of my items I ordered and the order number wasn’t in my order history. It will be interesting to see if I get a refund for something.

RajunCajun

Reaction score
@Zerase @Jazzthief The suit is from 2017, so it might be they have modified the lapels since then. They do seem a bit lower, but that could also be the angle of the OP's photo.

Generally speaking I don't like peak lapels on a single breasted, non tuxedo suit. I got this suit because of the favourable proportions (much better than SuSu's other fits, in my opinion). The trade-off was the lapels, ticket pocket and 2.5 roll (which I also dislike, but it's not a deal breaker). But it's all just a bit much for a business suit. I'll replace it with the notch lapel version.

Yes, I was wondering if the lapel variance in the two images was due to the placement of the camera. I had a cell phone at waist level resting on a stool (with the angle slightly shooting upward). Michael, are you using a cell camera? If so your image quality is fantastic.

MisterBB

Reaction score

View attachment 1521179

Good to know. I'm a 46L pre COVID but was curious about how the Washington would fit if I were to try it. 6'2.5 as well

YellowSteel

Reaction score
I took a whopping 10 suits to the tailor today. I am so excited to finally wear some of the suits I bought in early 2020, haha! She said it would take until February to get all of them done, so we decided that should would do the 5 winter suits first and then she would do the summer suits later so I could wear the winter ones before spring rolls around.

She really liked the fabric on the purple wool/cashmere Havana from last winter. I didn’t really pay much attention to the way it felt until she mentioned it today. The fabric is so soft.

Oddly enough, I got an email saying that an item I had orders was out of stock and I would be getting a refund. I got all of my items I ordered and the order number wasn’t in my order history. It will be interesting to see if I get a refund for something.

Got an order out of stock email and I got my refund processed today. They gave me $25 gift card for my trouble but I would have definitely liked that Lazio Cashmere suit though...

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was wondering if the lapel variance in the two images was due to the placement of the camera. I had a cell phone at waist level resting on a stool (with the angle slightly shooting upward). Michael, are you using a cell camera? If so your image quality is fantastic.
Thank you kindly. I used a Lumix LX100.

That kind of angle would definitely affect perspective. I typically aim for about shoulder length and shoot from as far away as possible.

Good to know. I'm a 46L pre COVID but was curious about how the Washington would fit if I were to try it. 6'2.5 as well

Hard to picture a 6'2 guy wearing a 46L. The jacket must be quite short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads