1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

It's a rather light but slightly rough textured fabric, also the color is very rich and perhaps not dark enough for more formal occasions so it would depend.

As I'm banished to the European SuSu website, could one of the nice 'mericans on here tell what the prices are for stuff like this in US$? (I guess if you click the EU links from the US, you'll get forwarded to the US version)
    http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-blue-plain/P3675I.html
    http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/suits/la-spalla-blau-karos/P3865.html
    http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/shirts/hemd-hellblau/H4216.html
    I ask because I'll be in Las Vegas for HxGN Live 2014 next week and I'm curious if there's a noticeable price difference so it would be good to visit the SuSu store in the bit of spare time I'll have.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

If anyone would like to buy a true navy S110s Napoli suit in 38R, send me a PM. It has a very small scratch on the breast pocket, but it is hardly visible, otherwise it looks great! New price: £349, selling for £149. You can't find a better deal anywhere else. Selling because it's gotten too small for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. sdotc

sdotc Member

The Lazio is $469, the La Spalla is $999 and the shirt is $129.

The vegas store is really small, so I'm not sure if they have everything there. They seemed to have everything I asked for in my particular size though, I was just struck by how little space they had to work with.

Incidentally, you can always switch your country on the SS site by changing your shipping location.

1 person likes this.
  4. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Thanks for the help. Obviously could have figured that out myself, but when you tap the shipping location on the iPad you get the pop-up window with the cost overview that you'd get on mouse over with a PC. Dumb.

Now that's weird, can't remember when I've seen clothes cheaper in EU than US the last time. The Lazio sells for 299 € / 408 US$, La Spalla for 699 € / 954 US$ and the shirt for 79 € / 108 US$ here, so in general roughly 50 US$ cheaper for the suits and 20 for the shirts. Probably will try to get a pair of Alden or Allen Edmonds shell cordovan shoes then instead (in CH nearly 200 $ more expensive than in US).

5. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Linen is more of a summer fabric and can be worn in the evenings and to weddings as long as the dress code is open for more casual fabrics. Your go to Navy SC should most likely be wool then you branch out from there. Not saying linen is wrong but in certain situations when you want to wear a SC and the attire should be more dressed up that linen, wool is appropriate. You can find some good summer weight wools that work in all climates.

6. mimo

mimo Senior member

^^Good advice. If it's formal enough to want to wear a dark jacket in the evening, then linen's not your man, probably. An open-weave wool wears just as light, and also holds a dark colour better than linen.

I've linen suits that I wear in the evening, but they have to be suits to compensate. For an odd jacket, wool is your friend - maybe even a light blend with silk.

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Tag says 38% Wool/31% Silk/31% Linen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Finally got the chance to take this jacket to the tailor so he can take the waist a bit in. I like how it fits. Don't know tho, if next time I should go for the 44L (this is 44R) sleeves might be very very long, would need to shorten them like 1".

What do you think?

[​IMG]

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I have the same problem. The regular is too short in the body, but the sleeves are perfect, while the long is perfect in the body, but the sleeves are too long. Having the sleeves shortened from the shoulder is quite expensive, not sure whether that's worth it.

10. kulata

kulata Senior member

Betelgeuse, the length of that jacket is actually good. It passes the rule of thumb (please second guess me) wrt jacket lengths.

1 person likes this.
  11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Thanks! Saw a bespoke jacket in a wool that felt silky and amazing. Contemplating a navy one or looking for an open weave silk blend on SS.

12. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Betel

I like the jacket. Best to have a whole length shot to assess jacket length though as Kulata says it passes the thumb test. But depends on how long your legs are too etc.

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

It covers my ass completely. According to one tailor my optimal jacket length is 31" and this one is 31" so no problem there but I'm used to a bit longer jackets. But if it passes the test on SF, I think is wearable. :lol: Thanks!

14. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

@Betel The length is just right, but the fit looks boxy and could use a waist suppression.

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

More? [​IMG]

Before and After.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

No, it looks great as it is. Any more and it'll be uncomfortable/it might start pulling.

2 people like this.
  17. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I'm 5'7 and 36S. I don't think a double breast would look good on me.

Beautiful color.

18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Betel, for comparison here is how my Soho fits:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Agreed

1 person likes this.
  20. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Nice fit @Monkeyface ! And thanks both, monkeface and @TweedyProf

Edit: Face of the Monkey, [​IMG] is that the cotton linen blend? Or somethign like that?

Last edited: May 27, 2014