• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eguk

Reaction score
For a second I thought they had removed the button stance option from the website, but I then realised that it's still there, under the Size options (not the Style) options..

I lost some respect for their MTM offering after they removed the 4-layer canvas option (they now only offer the "light" canvas) and dramatically cutting the number of fabrics they offer.. but still charging the same price (if not more?)..

Anyone else have any thoughts? Good alternative MTM suppliers in a similar price range?

Last edited:

eguk

Reaction score
For a second I thought they had removed the button stance option from the website, but I then realised that it's still there, under the Size options (not the Style) options..

I lost some respect for their MTM offering after they removed the 4-layer canvas option (they now only offer the "light" canvas) and dramatically cutting the number of fabrics they offer.. but still charging the same price (if not more?)..

Anyone else have any thoughts? Good alternative MTM suppliers in a similar price range?
@dreamspace it looks like this:

1703161608758.png

pomor

Reaction score
I have a few Suitsupply coats, and, for the most part, they wear pretty well with no noticeable flaws after several seasons. However, I only wear each maybe 3-4 times per season, so they're pretty well rotated.

Here's an interesting question I have. One of them is too light of a color, in my opinion. I was wondering if I could possibly make it a few shades darker. It's a mid-blue alpaca/wool coat. I would love it if it was a bit darker, closer to a navy. Would a tailor or maybe a dry cleaners be able to do something like this?

nzahir

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys. Recently bought a pair of Vigo pants and I have to go pick them up from the store.

Would you guys reccomend tailoring them somewhere besides the store?

My friend recently got a pair of Vigos and hated their tailoring job.

He hemmed and slimmed them. Anyone here tailor their Vigos with some advice?

neo_parisian

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys. Recently bought a pair of Vigo pants and I have to go pick them up from the store.

Would you guys reccomend tailoring them somewhere besides the store?

My friend recently got a pair of Vigos and hated their tailoring job.

He hemmed and slimmed them. Anyone here tailor their Vigos with some advice?
I would suggest getting ss pants tailored from the store. I have never been disappointed with the tailoring they do. one thing to lookout for, is the the fit advice that the ss salesmen provide is usually geared towards slimmer fits( or At least used to be, I think they are moving towards fuller cuts now).

penkala

Reaction score
Was looking to buy white cotton trousers only to discover they are dry clean only. Not sure why. Also, pretty bad choice for a white trousers (not a part of the suit).

What's the worst it can happen?

alfredt

Reaction score
Was looking to buy white cotton trousers only to discover they are dry clean only. Not sure why. Also, pretty bad choice for a white trousers (not a part of the suit).

What's the worst it can happen?
I just checked their website and it's ridiculous how many things they have listed as dry clean only. Imagine turning up at the dry cleaners with your cotton cargo shorts.

In other words, I would have no problem throwing those in the washing machine. They're just cotton trousers.

St1X

Reaction score

MBrianT

Reaction score
Is there any chance they might open their online outlet this winter?
From what I’ve been told by SS employees and managers, not a chance in hell.

During COVID , they switched their business model. Now they do staples and limited drops with less inventory so there is no need for an outlet to sell off excess.

pomor

Reaction score
And it also looks like they ended their partnership with Nordstrom here in the US. Sometimes you used to see price drops on Suitsupply stuff on Nordy's website, but it looks like now that's also over.

P. S. I swear I don't shop Nordstrom hardly ever, so I don't know where the cute nickname came from

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
From what I’ve been told by SS employees and managers, not a chance in hell.

During COVID , they switched their business model. Now they do staples and limited drops with less inventory so there is no need for an outlet to sell off excess.
I wonder if there is still that one physical outlet in the Netherlands that us, mere mortals can get into? It'd be like Disneyland for us

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
I wonder if there is still that one physical outlet in the Netherlands that us, mere mortals can get into? It'd be like Disneyland for us
There are SS stores in third-party designer outlets such as Lelystad (Amsterdam), Roosendaal and Messancy (Belgium).

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that in this “new” model that they’ve also stopped making pieces with bolder and more unique fabrics imo, which is what I was drawn to in this company in the first place. Maybe they had mixed results in sales but I look at their releases over the past couple years since and feel most of their products are pretty boring. Especially with the price hikes and no sales, it’s driven me to rarely consider them. It’s sad because I was able to get some really incredible suits/pieces at a very reasonable price with the outlets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads