• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
I hate that they trimmed down the lapels on most of the jackets but they still do offer some DB wide lapel options. I just finished tailoring that all linen wide lapel brown suit from this collection.

Hopefully EU outlet on Monday!
Agreed. I wish they’d bring back the Madison with the broader lapel and patch pockets. I don’t like that they trimmed down lapel on the DB and made the DB suits mostly with the jetted pockets.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Will the Amsterdam store ship purchased items to the US? Or would I be on my own to figure out shipment? I will be there for a weekend next month and would like to pick up a couple things due to the favorable EUR pricing, but I can't carry a couple suits around Europe for 2 weeks.
What you could do (if you can spare the time) is catch either the train & bus to the Outlet store at Batavia Stad or the daily shuttle bus (but the times suck for that, 10am pick up, 4pm drop off), purchase what you like in that store, and then go to the post office and ship it yourself. I guess the only issue there is that it may/may not be open on the weekend? If not, carry it around until you're in another city and ship there on the Monday.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
What you could do (if you can spare the time) is catch either the train & bus to the Outlet store at Batavia Stad or the daily shuttle bus (but the times suck for that, 10am pick up, 4pm drop off), purchase what you like in that store, and then go to the post office and ship it yourself. I guess the only issue there is that it may/may not be open on the weekend? If not, carry it around until you're in another city and ship there on the Monday.
Does anyone have any idea of the merchandise in the physical Outlets in Amsterdam? Is it the same stuff in the online Outlets? How far back in years is the merchandise? Any pictures would help.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea of the merchandise in the physical Outlets in Amsterdam? Is it the same stuff in the online Outlets? How far back in years is the merchandise? Any pictures would help.
I just was there last week and there was alot around. I'm a 38/48 and there was a beautiful jort double breasted for 400eur along with a flannel Lazio for 260. Plenty there

alfredt

Reaction score

I’ve been to the bataviastad outlet a couple of times. Depending on your size they may have 2-3 jackets and maybe a coat or two. Often the jackets are orphaned suit jackets or patterns that were not popular. There is usually a bigger selection in suits. Prices for the cheaper styles are relatively unattractive as they are only cut 20-30%. The more expensive styles may be discounted up to 50% so they are worth going for. I’ve found a beautiful flannel La Spalla suit for €300 before.

I wouldn’t recommend anybody visiting the Netherlands to make the trip unless you want a suit and are very flexible when it comes to fabric for example.

Daraven

Reaction score
Having been there a couple of times myself, I think your description is very accurate. That being said, I would recommend going there, travelling there is very convenient and easy and it can be a nice day out. Outlets are of course what they are, nobody would expect absolute staple pieces to be there, no less in a variety of sizes. Although some of the comments on the online outlet make me think people actually do expect something like that...

The on thing to look out for in the outlet are mislabeled items. This is where the real discounts come in, more than once I have seen a higher line item being labeled as a lower line AND having a discount applied to it.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Adding to that, what I did notice at the outlet store, was that (at least in my size) 80% of all the suits were listed as "samples". There were more than a handful of fabrics that I had seen there that I hadn't online.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adding to that, what I did notice at the outlet store, was that (at least in my size) 80% of all the suits were listed as "samples". There were more than a handful of fabrics that I had seen there that I hadn't online.
I’ve been told that SuSu samples are made in size 38/48. That’s likely why you had such good luck there, @Hayden Schrapel .

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Havana was a sample that I bought here. Worn with a wool pocket square from the December 2018 Canadian outlet.

Last edited:

boot_owl

Reaction score
First suitsupply mtm commission: Ariston navy tweed blazer. 3r2 with unpadded shoulders and patch pockets. It’s nice to be able to actually try their block in store so I know if the fit will work, and $920 ($630 usd) isn’t bad for full canvas mtm. Only alteration required after garment arrived was sleeves.
6B512F22-519D-40B9-8DB8-2C1DFFF5CF0A.jpeg
F8609ADB-674A-488A-A91F-0851DAB59C3C.jpeg
C7CE7E62-9DCF-4A21-B6F3-5BA6DAC2E943.jpeg
9C6167D1-B679-4B19-A5FF-9F3199D7A0BD.jpeg

Timmbo

Reaction score
Longshot, but I’m looking for the Suitsupply Morning Coat they did a few years ago in 40R; I can’t imagine people get much use out of them, so if anyone happens to have one they’d part with, let me know!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads