• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone tried the iteration of Havana with the single flap pockets (not the one with the ticket pocket and really wide lapels)? I have a couple of Havana's but would prefer one with flap pockets. Anyway if anyone can offer feedback on the fit, sizing and especially lapel width would be greatly appreciated. From what I can tell the sizing and fit are modelled on the old Hudson but then again I might be wrong.

The suit in question is

https://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/...efv1=Havana&prefn2=pocketID&prefv2=flappocket

Keep in mind this is the new red line Havana. Actually unconstructed (no canvas), 3 roll 2 button and 9.5CM lapel width (same as Hudson), slightly pleated shoulder, but I can't confirm if its the same exact model besides construction. For my summer cotton/silk version, the jacket length was slightly shorter than the regular Havana, about 0.7cm.

Don’t think it’s modelled on the Hudson in this case — the shoulder is a regular good old Havana shoulder. I think this is like a Lazio without the lining and no shoulder padding. I think this is also too expensive for what it is — US 699. This should be priced at US 499. It’s just regular Barberis winter wool from what I can tell.

Again and again, I “admire” the stupidity of whoever pushed the decision to rename their fits last year.

Its actually not the regular old Havana shoulder, it has no canvas or shoulder padding, and slightly pleated shoulder. Its part of the red line collection so a bit more attention to detail like genuine buffalo horn buttons, butterfly lined or unlined and unconstructed all making it more expensive. Most middle of the range Susu suits have increased in price to from $499 to $569.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L93Jvhp.jpg

ig0YkAa.jpg

Got my first decent coat of the winter. 100% Yak!

I wonder if I should keep it or get rid of it and get the blue Lavello that they just dropped. I think the Lavello fit is better than the Bleeker.

+1 for Lavello over bleeker any day.

Maybe wait to see the grey coat in the new fit that is still to drop. Also the blue looks very similar (if not the same) to a coat they had last season that didn't sell very well.

Jflo301

Reaction score
What do you all think of that light grey coat jort? I’m looking to pick up something more substantial to wear with my suits but kind of questioning the versatility of the color. Would this light grey color work well with navy, blue, or charcoal colored suits?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you all think of that light grey coat jort? I’m looking to pick up something more substantial to wear with my suits but kind of questioning the versatility of the color. Would this light grey color work well with navy, blue, or charcoal colored suits?
The one with the grey shearling type collar?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that one. Probably should have included pics.

I was just looking at that one yesterday and thought about how cool it was, but I definitely had your same thoughts about what it looked good with. You could go to a local susu and try it over the top of different color suits.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BlairW

Reaction score
@Betelgeuse I have the suit carrier bag - beautiful looking, and lovely thick, soft leather. I haven't had anything more than middle of the road luggage though so nothing to compare against.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
Guys, have some of you happen to own any SuitSupply bags? I need to change mine and saw two yesterday that look good. But would like to know the general conssensus about their leather.

This one is the one I liked the most: https://us.suitsupply.com/es/bags/maletin-marron/BAG18205.html?cgid=Bags

But this other, doesn't look bad at all: https://us.suitsupply.com/es/bags/maletin-marron-oscuro/BAG18101.html?cgid=Bags

The leather and hardware are solid, Italian and Japanese YKK respectively. Some leathers are vegetable tanned which the price reflects. My only complaint is the edge finishing, which I feel is cheaply done. But overall for the price it's a decent value. If you can splurge, I'd go for a Frank Clegg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads