• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does suitsupply do anything special for black friday? Have they done so in the past?

Herz

Reaction score
Hey all,

Vitale Barberis Canonico and Gladson (US rep for a bunch of top mills, ie. Hardy Minnis, VBC, Reda, E Thomas, Zegna, Carlo Barbera, etc.) are cohosting an event next Wednesday at Rizzoli in NoMad. Yoshimi Hasegawa, author on the tradition of bespoke tailoring across cultures, is wrapping her tour of Italian tailoring houses with the US release of "Italian Tailoring: A Glimpse into the World of Sartorial Masters". There's going to be a book signing, discussion, and presentation of some of the garments from the book.

I know SuitSupply does a bunch with VBC, so hoping this is of interest to this forum. I'm trying to rally a crowd, but I'm new to StyleForum, so please let me know if there's a better spot I should post this. Thanks!

Check out the event page here.

poster-image.jpg

hschrapel

Reaction score
Does anyone own or has owned a Vicenza coat and can comment on the fit? I usually wear a 38R in suits and was wondering if I wanted to wear the coat over a suit, should I go for a 40R or stick with a 38R?

zanci

Reaction score
I am a perfect fit in 38R jort suits, (la spalla just doesnt fit as good as the jort)

The bleecker (I think so, not sure) is ok at the same size, but for vicenza I would size up if I had the chance.

I own a 38 vicenza, which works great, but the 40 would be better.

My arms are normal lenght, but I have broad shoulders.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I am a perfect fit in 38R jort suits, (la spalla just doesnt fit as good as the jort)

The bleecker (I think so, not sure) is ok at the same size, but for vicenza I would size up if I had the chance.

I own a 38 vicenza, which works great, but the 40 would be better.

My arms are normal lenght, but I have broad shoulders.

Thanks for your insight! How would you say the shoulders are? I find that with padded shoulders, a 40R in other brands make the coat look completely too big for me. But I would hope that lightly padded or no padding would look okay in a 40R?

zanci

Reaction score
Shoulders are tight . I prefer a looser fit for my overcoats. Its the last years cashmere coat

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly slim and had to move the buttons on the 38L, as well as a host of other tailoring conjurations. Regret not getting the 40L.

pomor

Reaction score
Is the outlet sale always confirmed for Jan or do they shift the dates around?

Pretty much always around 2nd or 3rd week in both January or July — has been as early as around the 7th and as late as the 20th in both months. Source: I would consider myself a Suitsupply outlet veteran at this point. Actually ignoring all Black Friday / Christmas sales and going all in in January.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the Grey Check (P5572) or the Navy Check (P5568) suits in Lazio? Comments on longevity/comfort of the fabric and versatility in an office environment?

Also had a question about sizing - I bought both, in Lazio. It seems to fit me very well, in a size 38, but the pants on a 38 are too tight for me in the seat and require the seat to be let out, and I have to taper the legs to a more slim look.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Is there a cut of suit in those types of patterns that may be a little more slim so I don't have to spend $80-$100 tailoring the pants?

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This year European Summer outlet was the modest of all outlets so far (poor selection of suit styles/colours). Also, I was really upset with their customer service. First, they confirmed me there will be an outlet, so I notified the SF crowd, later they advised me there won't be an EU outlet this year, and all of a sudden they opened it ..

Prices were not that good either and were much higher compared to their outlets from just a year before (considering suits and coats) .. I did end up buying some really good value casual shirts at about 28 EUR and some ties and pocket squares at 19 and 9 EUR though .. But hardly anyone is waiting for the outlet to buy accessories ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads