• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eleventy is definitely more accessible (Bloomingdales?) and sporty. If you like SuitSupply’s fit hard to think what Eidos old fit you would like though, maybe Blaz? Treneo has higher forget, Ciro/NMWA are too neopolitan.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks so much! This is awesome! I will definitely check them out.

By boxy, I think to me, it means little to no waist suppression, heavily padded & extended shoulder, loose fitting. I am on the slim side of the spectrum, 5’11’ and 150 lbs. All BB suits and RL suits are like power suits back in the 30’s for me lol. BB Milano 34R looks like a sack suit on me. Besides, I think their quality value ratio is not that high. The lower end B.B. are fused? Half canvass? And they don’t disclose where their fabric comes from.

Oh another thing maybe when you say boxy you mean you don’t like shoulder extension (which does not have to be padded, think ring jacket AMJ03 for example)

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eleventy is definitely more accessible (Bloomingdales?) and sporty. If you like SuitSupply’s fit hard to think what Eidos old fit you would like though, maybe Blaz? Treneo has higher forget, Ciro/NMWA are too neopolitan.

when i referred to Eidos and Eleventy being equivalent, it isn't really in terms of fit per se, but rather in the look and positioning of the brand. more casual sportwear compared to suiting for boggi and SuSu

Thilgela

Reaction score
I don’t mind synthetic blend, even Sartorio (Kiton’s younger brand) use it from time to time. Though at this price point I guess hard not to be cynics on poly

Kinda wonder why they would introduce poly-blend into their line-up when SuSu brands themselves on high quality-price ratio

Oh another thing maybe when you say boxy you mean you don’t like shoulder extension (which does not have to be padded, think ring jacket AMJ03 for example)

Yep, I really hate shoulder extension lol. Although no padding, it still makes me wearing something from my dad.

I’m 5’7” and 145lb, you might want to try RL Morgan again it has no pad for sure, waist is very suppressed, definitely more than SuitSupply.

BB mainline (ie just below Golden Fleece, forgot the name) are half canvassed. Really surprised you find Milano boxy though you do have nearly stick figure.

Sometimes it’s not waist suppression it’s where the waist suppression is (which depends on buttoning point). Also just want to stress if you have a tailor you can trust, ask them to ping the side to what you want and see if it works, lots of things are not really boxy just need to take in the waist.

I wouldn’t get hung up on fabric, if it’s from decent brand trust the designer. Only time I cared for fabric was when I did bespoke and had to go through the books.

I am in SoCal and generally people here don't like dressing up, so it's hard to find a good alteration tailor at viable cost. I will definitely take a look at RL Morgan. When I first started looking into suits, I always went to B.B. After countless times of disappointment, I just give up on them lol.

Thilgela

Reaction score
I really want to try Ring Jacket & B&Tailor though. They look really nice and well-made but really expensive. 2k regular and 1.5k sale, I can get a SuSu MTM with that much and make all the customization I want.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Nordstrom just started to carry ring jacket (very selected store though), they’re not the Armoury model, so maybe it will work better for you (though definitely not in the SuitSupply price range)

The Dirk

Reaction score
SuSu doesn’t charge provincial tax online, so that’s not a factor.

And all their suits are less expensive in Canada, not only the NapolI. I think you’re saying the other suits are still too expensive for you. You have my sympathy: I know life is hard.
That's not true. I pay the harmonized sales tax, which is 13%, even when buying online.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuSu doesn’t charge provincial tax online, so that’s not a factor.

And all their suits are less expensive in Canada, not only the NapolI. I think you’re saying the other suits are still too expensive for you. You have my sympathy: I know life is hard.

Was that subtle jab or something? I didn't know being poor was funny?

SuSu doesn't have a store in Saskatchewan so they are not required to charge sales tax. Whereas ON + QC do, so all purchases are taxed.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I guess we're all a bit meh on the new collection since we're just yapping about taxes and other brands now.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that subtle jab or something? I didn't know being poor was funny?

SuSu doesn't have a store in Saskatchewan so they are not required to charge sales tax. Whereas ON + QC do, so all purchases are taxed.
Your poverty isn’t funny, Maser. I’m not rich either, and I have to save up to buy myself any suit. That Napoli you said wasn’t even worth buying? To me it’s a possession I’m so proud of.

Murph65

Reaction score
So I guess we're all a bit meh on the new collection since we're just yapping about taxes and other brands now.

Fewer, more conservative, more expensive offerings with more synthetic fibers.

Hard to get excited.

Wish there was something in Camel.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics