• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's strange, when I type in google the "feet to cm", I got the result of 5.9 feet as 179.832 cm..

I'm from Europe, so I don't use much of those feet and inches measurements, but I am a 180 cm nevertheless ..

I bought couple of their coats and jackets so far in size EU 50 R and the fit was just right, however, I was surprised how long this Soho jacket is, it makes my torso out of proportion with the rest of the body and makes the legs shorter, and it does completely cover my butt .. The fit is good at chest and shoulders I believe, but that length is really strange ..

I really love the jacket, and they sold out completely now so I cannot exchange. I was wondering if I can shorten it, but am afraid I will mess up the proportion and button stance ..

Will try to post the photo so you can guys tell .. I just felt the double breasted jackets should always fit a tad shorter ...

Wondering if someone had the short version and if it's only shorter in length and sleeves .. Their size guide is a mess and I am far away from one brick and mortar store ..

pomor

Reaction score
That's strange, when I type in google the "feet to cm", I got the result of 5.9 feet as 179.832 cm..

I'm from Europe, so I don't use much of those feet and inches measurements, but I am a 180 cm nevertheless ..

I bought couple of their coats and jackets so far in size EU 50 R and the fit was just right, however, I was surprised how long this Soho jacket is, it makes my torso out of proportion with the rest of the body and makes the legs shorter, and it does completely cover my butt .. The fit is good at chest and shoulders I believe, but that length is really strange ..

I really love the jacket, and they sold out completely now so I cannot exchange. I was wondering if I can shorten it, but am afraid I will mess up the proportion and button stance ..

Will try to post the photo so you can guys tell .. I just felt the double breasted jackets should always fit a tad shorter ...

Wondering if someone had the short version and if it's only shorter in length and sleeves .. Their size guide is a mess and I am far away from one brick and mortar store ..

It could be an outlier. I would exchange for same size and see if it is any shorter. Good luck!

pomor

Reaction score
It could be an outlier. I would exchange for same size and see if it is any shorter. Good luck!

Oh, I noticed you typed in 5.9 feet. It is not the same as 5'9" feet

Suetonius

Reaction score
Anyone ever bought a suit and sold off bits of it?

I bought a wool silk linen blend 3 piece that I love, but frankly for the money it's not worth it, so is probably getting returned. I love the jacket on its own however, so I've thought about selling off the waistcoat and trousers to recover some of the money.

The suit as a whole was £379 - what would you expect the trousers/waistcoat to sell for BNWT?

It's a fairly common size - 40R

Suetonius

Reaction score
I'm going to have a bash at selling off a bit of my new three piece. Classified here: https://www.styleforum.net/buyandse...en-blend-blue-check-waistcoat-bnwot-40r.1925/

40R

This suit's waistcoat:

suit-jpg.792302

w00tsauce

Reaction score
Hello, I tried on a few suits and am in need of some advice/ opinions. The first three pictures are from a short Havana, the next two a regular Havana, and the last three from a regular Lazio. I am leaning towards the Havana, but I was thinking that it might be due to my unfamiliarity with structured clothing. The suit felt bigger than it appears in the picture. Thank you.
IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG [\SPOILER]

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you try a 38? The jackets just look large on your frame from the pictures to have provided.

w00tsauce

Reaction score
@jbarwick no problem. I tried on some suits in a 34. I tried on a Napoli, Lazio, and Havana. Any insight would be awesome. I would be buying a charcoal or navy btw, the store didn't have many Lazio or Havana in a 34.
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0164.JPG IMG_0169.JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0168.JPG [\SPOILER]

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@w00tsauce I like the suits in the following order 3, 2, 1. 3 is the Havana and patch pockets aren't formal if this is a business suit in which case I would go with 2.

MrSuited

Reaction score
Unless you can fit into the Hartford suit with minimal to almost no tailoring, I'd go with the Lazio because the price point of the Hartford is too close to their MTM pricing. I've tried on both fits before and they are definitely very similar in terms of fit. One other thing to consider. The Hartford suit is super 150's so it shouldn't be a workhorse suit. The lazio is most likely a super 110s or 120s which is better for weekly use.

Kelvin0683

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the suit offerings were like for the last few Outlet sales? Are there a good amount of suits on sale? (Preferably size 34/36) Last January, I only purchased a shirt and a tie and I'm looking to expand my suits this summer.

pomor

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the suit offerings were like for the last few Outlet sales? Are there a good amount of suits on sale? (Preferably size 34/36) Last January, I only purchased a shirt and a tie and I'm looking to expand my suits this summer.
Usually either quirky designs (big checks, etc) or items that were too expensive that are now 50% off or just strange fabric mix (like 53% wool/47% cotton). Really a hit or miss. You literally have to be there on day one of the outlet sales, and all the good stuff is gone after the first 3-4 hours. It opens around 10-11 am. Next one should be end of July if past history repeats but start checking daily beginning in mid-July if you really want in on a bargain.

P.S. Lots of eBayers bulk purchase during those sales as was re-told to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads