Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Are they pleated? They are described as flat front in the product page. How do you like the pleat?

2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I assume this is directed at me. They are pleated, and I like them a lot. I have relatively large thighs, so they improve the drape of the trousers considerably. It's a pity they don't have a pleated option for their suits.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  3. Suetonius

Suetonius Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Any pictures of this suit in the wild?

I'm thinking it looks like a nice Friday suit for the summer which could also work if broken up quite nicely.

4. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

I'm thinking of getting a jacket for the summer. Anyone have any recommendations from the new collection? I was pretty disappointed with the offerings this time, but I really need a sport jacket. I did buy a new 3 piece from Suitsupply from the spring/summer collection which I like but I need just a jacket.

How does these look in real life?

http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/hudson-blue-plain/C945I.html?cgid=Jackets&srule=PriceAsc

http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/hudson-blue-plain/C957I.html?cgid=Jackets&srule=PriceAsc

http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-blue-plain/C963I.html?cgid=Jackets&srule=PriceAsc

5. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior member

Guys, does any of you owns an SS wool/linen/silk blend suit?

If yes any pictures of it, and how does it looks for a formal office environment?

Thanks!

6. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

I own one that I recently bought. I'll try to get pictures of it later, but it looks great. Very nice texture and depending on the color and style, it can definitely be used in a formal environment.

7. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior member

Thanks! Can you place the link of the one you bought? I'm looking for blues and greys... not very creative I know... but hey, formal office environment.

8. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

Sure. It's this one: http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/suit...ts&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Havana

9. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I have a silk/wool/linen Jort from 2015 that I quite like. Pics: http://fromsqualortoballer.com/suitsupplyjortreview/

10. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Well-Known Member

Anyone try on the black peak label tux recently? Is the fit still close to the Napoli? I'm a small guy (5'7", 140lbs) and remember Napolis not fitting me well when I tried it on a couple years ago. I searched this thread and one person sized down with success, but this was a while ago. I know they have a blue shawl lapel tux that fits slimmer. Just wanted to know if anyone has recent info on the black tux fit.

11. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

I saw this third one at a store and had to pass on it because it ended up being too "furry" in real life.

12. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I have the black tux (the peak lapel one that's been around for several years) and yes, I think the fit is based off the Napoli. I went TTS and had no problems, sizing down would not have worked for me.

13. pomor

pomor Senior member

Thanks! Sorry I forgot I asked you the questions. Been a bit busy lately.

To be honest, I can't decide if I want grey or navy. Frankly, I want both. I like that the grey one has a detachable hood. Strange that the hood doesn't come with the navy version.

I am very picky with outerwear but these look like they could be just what I needed.

Are you finding this raincoat a bit short lengthwise? I also wear EU48 but I am shorter than you, I think. Any photos you have taken with it on? I am leaning towards the grey version. Will get back here with my decision. :)

14. MrSuited

MrSuited Member

Lately I've been reading up on how to take care of your suits and quite a few people say that you should brush it after wearing. Do any of you guys really do this on a regular basis? Also any recommendations for a brush? It looks like some of these brushes that people use can get pretty expensive.

15. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I had some time this morning and was able to take a few quick-and-dirty photos before heading to work.

1020115.jpg
    1020116.jpg
    1020118.jpg

I'm 6'2 and you can see it hits just above mid-thigh. A bit of extra length would be nice, but it's not a deal-breaker.

You might have to go with the navy regardless if you live in Europe. The grey version is completely sold out here.

The navy also has the detachable hood, by the way.