• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whenever I am feeling down I like to look at pictures of Mayor Bloomberg riding the subway.

15_bloombergsubway_lg.jpg

You ever see his entourage? I saw him a few times last year and there were always a minimum of 15 security and staff around him. It's ridiculous.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, I am adding another one:
The Ass Sniffer: The Ass Sniffer is the person who when walking up to the street from the subway platform is right on your ass with their noses in it. This person will be so close that their knees hit the back of your heels when you are walking up the stairs and either trip you, or knock your feet forward cracking your mirror polished shoe back into the step. Back the **** off you New Balance wearing jerk-off.

Either you're exceptionally tall, or these "ass sniffers" must be rather diminutive in stature.

It is a combination of both. I'm about 6' 2".

Perhaps you can get a sign sewn into the lining of your suit jacket such that you can lift the rear flap and the person behind sees, "Keep back two steps, midget."?

That sounds awesome. Even better I can just have the seat of my trousers missing so they can kiss my bare ass.

:crackup:

I never had so much trouble or entertainment riding the subway!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You ever see his entourage? I saw him a few times last year and there were always a minimum of 15 security and staff around him. It's ridiculous.

My boss just told me he saw John Liu at a restaurant and he had an entourage of body gaurds. I mean do most average people know who the city's comptroller is, or want to harm him? Seems odd.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new one for me: background: i've ridden the light rail/subway in la daily for more than 10 years (love it ... stop 1/2 mile from my house, to 1 1/2 blocks from my office). i've seen it all: the skinny old homeless black guy who would beg at the top of his lungs in spanish "No tengo mis ojos" and pop out his glass eyeball. the androgynous "pat" with shaved head and what appear to be sagging boobs who would start singing "jesus loves me" faster and faster and higher and higher, going from tenor to high alto by the time he/she was done.
but yesterday i was sitting next to this guy who pulled out a vial of medical marijuana and started rolling blunts on the train. i just looked at him and he said "i've got glaucoma" and winked.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Politicians on the subway...

It's like SF people seen in cargo pants..

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones I hate most are the incher uppers and the lazy bikers. For incher uppers, the ones that annoy me most are the ones that are getting off the same stop as I am, wants me to get the out of the way before the train is anywhere near the stop and get angry that I don't let them past. Chill the **** out I'm getting off too. Lazy biker: yeah what's the point...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The ones I hate most are the incher uppers and the lazy bikers. For incher uppers, the ones that annoy me most are the ones that are getting off the same stop as I am, wants me to get the out of the way before the train is anywhere near the stop and get angry that I don't let them past. Chill the **** out I'm getting off too. Lazy biker: yeah what's the point...

:slayer:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a shower or at least brush your teeth you ******* cunts.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Much, much lighter news for this thread. I witnessed a naked fake boob on my decent to the subway platform. I was walking down and a 40 something woman dressed skimpy was coming up the stairs. She had bags on her shoudlers that was pulling at her top revealing to the world her big fake breast. Being that she was getting older and it was fake it did look quite like a cantelope in a soggy lunch bag, but hey, a tit is a tit, amirite?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much, much lighter news for this thread. I witnessed a naked fake boob on my decent to the subway platform. I was walking down and a 40 something woman dressed skimpy was coming up the stairs. She had bags on her shoudlers that was pulling at her top revealing to the world her big fake breast. Being that she was getting older and it was fake it did look quite like a cantelope in a soggy lunch bag, but hey, a tit is a tit, amirite?

^^^ Awesome

I once saw bush or as we call it in Japan "front hair" at a Starbucks. Skinny chick at the table next to me stands up to adjust her very baggy jeans, she undoes her belt and it suddenly slips through most of the belt loops as her jeans slip almost down to her knees. She was wearing panties but they were tiny, seethrough and were riding *********** so the front was down low. Got a good show about 30cm (1' for you Merkins) from my face. She snatched up her pants and quickly sat down looking all embarrassed, I looked at her and winked, she went even redder and her boyfriend gave me the stinkeye.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I once saw bush or as we call it in Japan "front hair" at a Starbucks. Skinny chick at the table next to me stands up to adjust her very baggy jeans, she undoes her belt and it suddenly slips through most of the belt loops as her jeans slip almost down to her knees. She was wearing panties but they were tiny, seethrough and were riding *********** so the front was down low. Got a good show about 30cm (1' for you Merkins) from my face. She snatched up her pants and quickly sat down looking all embarrassed, I looked at her and winked, she went even redder and her boyfriend gave me the stinkeye.

I've had many peepshows in my life, but not a lot on the subway unless it was a drunkard's penis or something.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^ Awesome

this sounds like the beginning of almost every Japanese "public Appreciation" video! :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics