• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to help.

Oh man, I don't know what's going on. After you reset that block last night, I had three thread notifications that ended up in my spam box this morning. So they showed up, but just not in my Inbox. I restored them to my Inbox, and now it seems I'm not receiving update emails again, ugh!

I've checked my filters on my side an emails from "[email protected]" are set to be delivered to my Inbox.

Sorry to bug you, but can you check that on your end again?

Thank you.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Oh man, I don't know what's going on. After you reset that block last night, I had three thread notifications that ended up in my spam box this morning. So they showed up, but just not in my Inbox. I restored them to my Inbox, and now it seems I'm not receiving update emails again, ugh!

I've checked my filters on my side an emails from "[email protected]" are set to be delivered to my Inbox.

Sorry to bug you, but can you check that on your end again?

Thank you.

Something is up with the system overall-- I'm not getting mine either. Working on it.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Hello,

I've deactivated all notifications, however I keep getting an email every time someone comments in a thread I posted on / likes a post / reacts to a post etc.

Can someone help?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy

Have you considered starting a annual or maybe biannual SF user survey?

It could build a database regarding user demographics, economics, style preferences, wish lists for upcomming seasons, which affiliates we buy from etc.

The results could be shared with affiliates to better understand their customers.

Permanentstyle does something like this to target his audience better. It should be cheap and feasable...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy

Have you considered starting a annual or maybe biannual SF user survey?

It could build a database regarding user demographics, economics, style preferences, wish lists for upcomming seasons, which affiliates we buy from etc.

The results could be shared with affiliates to better understand their customers.

Permanentstyle does something like this to target his audience better. It should be cheap and feasable...
We haven't done this, but we have other demographic data. Maybe we'll do this, though my own survey building skills haven't been tested since 2011 or so. Maybe it's time to commission something from Quantcast again, though, maybe when we pass the COVID-19 crisis, so that the data make more sense, and we have more discretionary funds and energy to spend on this.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did the like button change from just the thumb to now you have to choose every time? I liked the way it used to be better.

Edit: on mobile that is.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every single time I log in, I'm prompted by this stupid notification popup. Doesn't matter how many times I say I don't want them.

It's clearly tied to cookies, which I delete.

Get rid of it. Tie it to the user account, not cookies.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Every single time I log in, I'm prompted by this stupid notification popup. Doesn't matter how many times I say I don't want them.

It's clearly tied to cookies, which I delete.

Get rid of it. Tie it to the user account, not cookies.

We don't have a way to tie it to user accounts. It is tied to a cookie from the forum software, because some users want notifications on their home PCs, and not on their work/other PCs.

Are you logging out and deleting cookies every time you leave the forum?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We don't have a way to tie it to user accounts. It is tied to a cookie from the forum software, because some users want notifications on their home PCs, and not on their work/other PCs.

Are you logging out and deleting cookies every time you leave the forum?
Yeah I delete cookies every time I log out.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just some suggestions for the chat feature:

1. I find that it's not always clear who messaged you. The green light doesn't always come on. New messages aren't always the first to be displayed. Would be nice if there was a way to solve this.

2. I also wish you could exit a chat without the other person knowing. I like to clean up my chats, but then recently learned that the other person knows that you've "deleted" the chat thread, which I feel like could be interpreted as rude.

3. Lastly, I wish you could opt-out of this. I prefer the old DM system and wish there was a way you could direct all messages there.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Search is broken. Returns “server error”

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads